Which older monitor is better?

rjo98

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
Hi everyone. I've been offered a free monitor, but now the hard part, determining which one is better. They are both Dell, one is a E207WFP, the other a 2009W. Looking online it appears they both have the same response time and native resolution, but i'm not sure what other things are important to compare between the two?

Solution
They both look pretty much the same at first glance.

i would defently pick the 2009W, it's presumably newer than the other, they're advertising the E207 as Vista compatible whereas the 2009W is advertised as Windows 7 compatible (so it's newer!).
it also claims a higher contrast ratio, though i can't find the avaible connections on the 2009W (though probably atleast one VGA or DVI input).

So pick the 2009W, hope this helps! :)

NiCoM

Honorable
They both look pretty much the same at first glance.

i would defently pick the 2009W, it's presumably newer than the other, they're advertising the E207 as Vista compatible whereas the 2009W is advertised as Windows 7 compatible (so it's newer!).
it also claims a higher contrast ratio, though i can't find the avaible connections on the 2009W (though probably atleast one VGA or DVI input).

So pick the 2009W, hope this helps! :)

Solution

rjo98

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
Thanks. I really wasn't sure, and the 2009 has a higher contrast but it says "dynamic", so wasn't sure if that meant it was truly that high or just some marketing ploy.