Which one has the best components for my needs?

fikmiksa

Commendable
Jan 27, 2018
Hey guys,

I'm an engineering student looking for a 2in1 tablet with stylus and keyboard functionality. I already have a relatively high powered desktop PC for more intensive tasks such as gaming, so I'll be using it for taking notes, editing/annotating PDFs with the stylus, some light multitasking across Microsoft Office programs with a few tabs of Chrome open in the background, that sort of thing.

Both have 4GB RAM, the main differences are:

Lenovo Miix 510 (£420) - 1920x1200 12" display, i3 6100u, 128GB SSD, 5-6 hours of battery and active fan cooling
ASUS Transformer (£260)-1280x800 10.1" display, x5 Z8530, 64GB eMMC, 11 hours of battery and passive cooling

I was wondering if you guys think the ASUS is too low powered to meet my requirements, or if the Lenovo is an excess of power?

Thanks!

Solution
For just light web browsing (with stylus note taking on PDFs) and some Microsoft office things, the asus is your best bet. You don’t want your tablet to die on you when taking notes and be the odd guy asking “Do you have a pencil?” “Do you have any paper?”

jgustin7b

Commendable
Nov 17, 2017
For just light web browsing (with stylus note taking on PDFs) and some Microsoft office things, the asus is your best bet. You don’t want your tablet to die on you when taking notes and be the odd guy asking “Do you have a pencil?” “Do you have any paper?”

Solution

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from fikmiksa : "Lenovo Miix 510 (i3/4GB) VS ASUS Transformer Mini T102 (x5 Atom/4GB)"