Which one should I buy ?

johnrambo552

Commendable
Jul 22, 2016
So ... i have to choose between :
GTX 1050 , AMD FX 6300 ( can overlock to 4 ghz ) 8 GB RAM.
and
GTX 750 , I5 4460 and 8 GB RAM

Which one is better in terms of gaming ? Both have almost same price .

Solution
There is no useful upgrade to a FX-6300.
The cores are slow, and more of them in a FX-8 will not help.
Then, for a FX8 or to overclock a FX-6300 you need a better than average motherboard.

If your games tend to sims, strategy or mmo types, the i5 will be better with stronger cores.
If your games are multiplayer with many participants, The FX-6300 makes some sense. If your games are fast action shooters, the GTX1050 will be better.

If you are looking at a new build, I would do neither.
I3-6100 and GTX1050 will be better than either at a similar price point.

Autocrat

Respectable
Sep 19, 2016
Personally, I would go with the Intel. The AMD build has a better GPU, but you can always put a better one in later. The Intel build also has a better upgrade path, you can drop an i7 in it in the future.

johnrambo552

Commendable
Jul 22, 2016

Well... i really don't know how to upgrade my CPU , for GPU is pretty easy but i don't wanna fk up my entire pc . As i heard u need some thermal paste then the processor then a fan ffs. I need someone to teach me how to build a pc so i don't plan to upgrade ... Maybe to buy a new comp when it's needed.

There is no useful upgrade to a FX-6300.
The cores are slow, and more of them in a FX-8 will not help.
Then, for a FX8 or to overclock a FX-6300 you need a better than average motherboard.

If your games tend to sims, strategy or mmo types, the i5 will be better with stronger cores.
If your games are multiplayer with many participants, The FX-6300 makes some sense. If your games are fast action shooters, the GTX1050 will be better.

If you are looking at a new build, I would do neither.
I3-6100 and GTX1050 will be better than either at a similar price point.

Solution