Question which one should i choose, Hyper x, Logitech or Razer mecha Keyboard.

bullooka

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2014
Hi Everyone,

Its my first time I'm buying a Mechanical Keyboard, I've never used or even saw a mechanical keyboard in my life, in past I've used lots of keyboard but membrane and a 5 zone RGB membrane keyboard was my last one which is lying dead.
What i do with my keyboard is Some light gaming (sometimes get bit high we get week off of work, mostly i do my paper works at home with minimal typing and browsing)
now I've tried to find what i could and available in my country within my budget but there are lots and now I'm soo confused.

I'm confused between Razer Black widow v3 (Green switch), Logitech G512 (blue switch), Hyper x alloy origins (Blue switch).
i wanted to try the clickyness of this mechanical keys and wanted a highly customizable RGB.
I've tried to find a keyboard with swappable switches but looks like all are extremely pricy.
Finally if possible i'll use PBT keycaps with like hyperx key which are translucent in lower side.
can you please consider suggesting me what should i go for? if there is anything better than what i listed even from another brand.

***Edit I found a cheap modular keyboard "Glorious GMMK full size mechanical keyboard" now I'm a bit falling for it because it's modular,RGB and compatible with hyperX Pbt keycaps. But never heard about the brand that's making me a bit worried.

Last edited:

Adam0ne

Proper
Feb 9, 2021
Hi. I was going to suggest other mech keyboards like the Glorious. I am not a gamer; at least not so much in the PC. The Keyboards you mentioned are gaming KB. These are good, but may have limitations.

There are a lot of good Mech KB out there at varying specs and sizes. I would rather go with those. You can spec it out to anything you want. However I must warn you- you'll be hooked. Your budget will stretch.

So be careful and check out the specs before you commit, because it can get very expensive. (but totally worth it)

Check out these sites:
-Drop.com
-mechanicalkeyboards.com
-kprepublic.com

Also this is the vendor list that you might want to go through too.

Glorious is vying to be the best peripherals brand and this keyboard is their way in. The Glorious KB looks to be a good concept and very aggressively priced too.
If you want a clicky Kb use the Cherry MX blue rgb switches. There are lots of choices for keycaps with different themes too.

You will learn a lot more about the Mechanical KB as you browse along; you will discover a ton of sites. Very confusing and tempting.(Lol).

So good luck! Happy buying!

Reactions: bullooka
D

Deleted member 14196

Have you ever priced out a glorious keyboard? They are ridiculously priced

Best way to see if you like a keyboard is to go into some store where they have them and try them out. I wouldn’t Choose anyone’s recommendation on what type of keys that you would want until you try them

bullooka

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2014
Hi. I was going to suggest other mech keyboards like the Glorious. I am not a gamer; at least not so much in the PC. The Keyboards you mentioned are gaming KB. These are good, but may have limitations.

There are a lot of good Mech KB out there at varying specs and sizes. I would rather go with those. You can spec it out to anything you want. However I must warn you- you'll be hooked. Your budget will stretch.

So be careful and check out the specs before you commit, because it can get very expensive. (but totally worth it)

Check out these sites:
-Drop.com
-mechanicalkeyboards.com
-kprepublic.com

Also this is the vendor list that you might want to go through too.

Glorious is vying to be the best peripherals brand and this keyboard is their way in. The Glorious KB looks to be a good concept and very aggressively priced too.
If you want a clicky Kb use the Cherry MX blue rgb switches. There are lots of choices for keycaps with different themes too.

You will learn a lot more about the Mechanical KB as you browse along; you will discover a ton of sites. Very confusing and tempting.(Lol).

So good luck! Happy buying!
Ah... That's nice, I thought it's some generic keyboard.
After I posted this thread I found "Epomaker GK96s" and it looks sweet to me with hotswappable keys and shrinker size without sacrificing numpad. But the sad thing is my country illegally detain product impoted by normal consumer and charge 80-90% duty... So I think for now I have to settle down with GMMK but will look around for a bit more.
Any thanks for the suggestion and the link you have posted... Those really are overwhelming 😱

bullooka

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2014
Have you ever priced out a glorious keyboard? They are ridiculously priced

Best way to see if you like a keyboard is to go into some store where they have them and try them out. I wouldn’t Choose anyone’s recommendation on what type of keys that you would want until you try them

Yes, Glorious is a bit cheaper than the Keyboards I've mentioned,
And yes... I wish I could but where I live we rarely find cheapest Membrane keyboard. The best they can offer is 15$ membrane keyboard, so I have to get everything online.
And for the keys I guess I have to go for balanced switches instead of blue's loudness.

The Glorious one you are looking it is pretty good, and is one of the few full size models you can get with hotswap switches. Getting a pack of other switches to try is pretty cheap, just take a bit of time to swap them out on a full keyboard.

At some point you would want to swap out the keycaps on it also, ABS plastic wears out to a shiny finish pretty quickly.

Gateron Yellow are great switches, they feel like Red with a firmer touch and smoother, I think they are my favorite key type right now. I also like the Kailh Silver for their faster activation and lighter touch for a change, although having several keyboards helps with being able to swap things around.

bullooka

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2014
The Glorious one you are looking it is pretty good, and is one of the few full size models you can get with hotswap switches. Getting a pack of other switches to try is pretty cheap, just take a bit of time to swap them out on a full keyboard.

At some point you would want to swap out the keycaps on it also, ABS plastic wears out to a shiny finish pretty quickly.

Gateron Yellow are great switches, they feel like Red with a firmer touch and smoother, I think they are my favorite key type right now. I also like the Kailh Silver for their faster activation and lighter touch for a change, although having several keyboards helps with being able to swap things around.
Looks like brown is the one I'll get if I buy Glorious GMMK full size KB

bullooka

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2014

Hm... I'm adding HyperX Pbt keycaps, looks like it's compatible with Glorious.
For keys I dunno which one's goin to suit me but I think I'll love any one of them. My Pc is in my Bedroom and my wife don't care about the sounds as long as I don't do any late-night gaming/work.
I'll buy the two types of switches after some while one with max clicky and other linear. If I buy Glorious it come with the tactile one.

Reactions: Adam0ne

Adam0ne

Proper
Feb 9, 2021
A man with a plan! That's great - you know what you want.

Just to add input:
1.) Keycap themes have different profiles - height and slope. So you may want to check if the profile of the keycaps you want are acceptable to you.

http://xahlee.info/kbd/keycap_profiles.html

2.) Some lube their switches. It is preferred you do this in the beginning. Note that your switch will be a tad quiter, but smoother because of the lube.

When you finally have it, please post (link) pics of your keyboard. We'd love to see it!

Adam0ne

Proper
Feb 9, 2021

Though I haven't tried one yet, I am optimistic that it would be great. Very good design for it's pricepoint.

PBT doubleshot is the popular choice now. Sad there are imited choices on the pudding keycaps.

I agree, having several keyboards is wonderful. You have different switch setups for different purposes.

Hang-the-9, what keyboard are you using now?

bullooka

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2014

Just to add input:
1.) Keycap themes have different profiles - height and slope. So you may want to check if the profile of the keycaps you want are acceptable to you.

2.) Some lube their switches. It is preferred you do this in the beginning. Note that your switch will be a tad quiter, but smoother because of the lube.

When you finally have it, please post (link) pics of your keyboard. We'd love to see it!
Okay sure.

bullooka

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2014
Though I haven't tried one yet, I am optimistic that it would be great. Very good design for it's pricepoint.

PBT doubleshot is the popular choice now. Sad there are imited choices on the pudding keycaps.

I agree, having several keyboards is wonderful. You have different switch setups for different purposes.

😅 I was using a generic rbg membrane KB which is dead, for now I borrowed a Lenovo 100 wireless (a cheap membrane KB from friend)

Edit: sorry quoteed the wrong one that wasn't meant for me.

Last edited:

At work I have a Leopold FC750 with MX Red, at home I have two 65% / 70% from Epomaker/Kemove brands, Gateron Yellow for my main home/play PC and Gateron Red for work laptop. Also have a few other keyboards including the big brands HyperX, Corsiar, Logitech, either in use by other family members or as spares, or ones I had for a bit then sold to get something else. I have a Gateron Optical Red I really like the switches from but it's a 60% and lack of some keys really annoys me so it's been in a box for months.

bullooka

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2014

Just to add input:

Today finally it arrived and here are some pictures,
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1H06ZND8IQh3T_ifXA28rWa4dFbWYx2nv
Will upload the hyperX keycaps after assembly.

TRENDING THREADS