Which part has a problem ?

CoDjhon

Commendable
Jul 25, 2016
Hello !

I have a problem with my PC . Sometimes when I play games like Dying light , DayZ , Arma 3 , lol , csgo ... my PC just shutdowns and won't turn on again (it was like this few months ago) . I checked all the cables and connections to my motherboard/PSU but everything was fine but PC still shut downed . Anyways after some time when I moved my PSU cable which connects to my motherboard it seemed like working again . It started happening less often . Like once a week . But now my PC just restarts (it's summer now so it's hot) randomly when I play more requiring games like Dying light or DayZ . It restarts without problems .
Anyways I was hoping to get some help this is . I would like to know what is wrong with my PC . How can I fix it or if not what part(-s) do I need to change .
My PC's parts - http://prntscr.com/bxb414 (I believe my PSU is around 800-1000wats , LEPA Gseries)

PS: few months ago when my PC shuts down my GPU's fan sometimes stops working until I move the cable .

Solution

You...
Bad power supply, maybe too much heat, make sure system is clean, re-do the heatsink with new thermal paste, monitor temps with HWMonitor and see how hot CPU and GPU get during gaming. The power supply is a good brand, but may be going bad. Could be motherboard also, maybe CPU at a low chance. Not likely RAM. Maybe video card.

CoDjhon

Commendable
Jul 25, 2016

My thermal paste isn't old so I don't think I need to change it and I checked how it goes when it's not hot inside my room , didn't make any difference . Can I somehow check which part is wrong since I want to buy a new psu (I think that's the proplem) . Just want to be sure that I'm not replacing a good part . motherboard isn't old too (I don't know if that makes any difference tho) .

You check a part by testing it in another system or another part in yours. If you have a good power supply tester you can use that, but that does not quite tell you everything you need to know. From what happens to your system, it may be the motherboard or the power supply as the most likely things.

Solution