Which part should I upgrade?

bearselleh

Reputable
Dec 7, 2015
I was wondering which component I should upgrade with Christmas time on the way. I have narrowed it done to my GPU and CPU but am not sure which one most needs and upgrade. MY GPU is an AMD Radeon HD 7700 series with 1024 MB of GDDR5 Memory and a core clock speed of 880 MHz. My CPU is an AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight Core Processor 3.5 GHz speed. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Edit: I should probably add that this is a gaming PC and I am playuing new games like Rust, Ark, and Fallout 4 at around thirty FPS after doing the FPS tricks for each game.

Solution
Upgrade your GPU to R9 380. Should give you enough juice for running games at 900p decently. 1080p will need some settings to be lowered. However, make sure your power supply can handle that. What power supply does your pc have atm?
If you don't want to upgrade the PSU at all, upgrade GPU to GTX 960.

rohitbaran

Distinguished
Upgrade your GPU to R9 380. Should give you enough juice for running games at 900p decently. 1080p will need some settings to be lowered. However, make sure your power supply can handle that. What power supply does your pc have atm?
If you don't want to upgrade the PSU at all, upgrade GPU to GTX 960.

Solution

bearselleh

Reputable
Dec 7, 2015

I currently have a 600 watt PSU