[SOLVED] Which parts should i upgrade?

Solution
I'd just go right ahead and plop in a new Ryzen 3600. It has about 20% better performance than the 1600, and will give ou a slight boost in FPS (by pushing your GPU harder/faster.

You could go up a level in GPU for more FPS, but if you are gaming at 1080p then there isn't much point.

I'd ditch the VS PSU and get something more reliable.
I'd just go right ahead and plop in a new Ryzen 3600. It has about 20% better performance than the 1600, and will give ou a slight boost in FPS (by pushing your GPU harder/faster.

You could go up a level in GPU for more FPS, but if you are gaming at 1080p then there isn't much point.

I'd ditch the VS PSU and get something more reliable.

Solution

Deima_

Honorable
Jul 17, 2017
Yeah the cpu looks like a good idea, i was thinking about 1660 super as the new gpu. Also what psu would you reccomend? And what about the motherboard, is it not worth upgrading?

Deima_

Honorable
Jul 17, 2017
For what purpose? What is the issue with your pc?
How much are you willing to spend?
Mainly for gaming, my pc isnt able to run high end games without either lagging (depends on how high i set my settings to) or sounding like a jet engine for some whatever reason but im pretty sure thats just the gpu. Price? Would like if the gpu wasnt more than £300. Cpu not too sure. And psu's are usually pretty cheap.

Yeah the cpu looks like a good idea, i was thinking about 1660 super as the new gpu. Also what psu would you reccomend? And what about the motherboard, is it not worth upgrading?

Hey there,

The 1660 Super is an excellent 1080p card. You could also consider a Radeon 5600xt, which is a monster.

PSU wise, any Corsair RMx/RMi/TXM, Seasonic Focus Plus Gold, EVGA G2/G3 there are a lot of very decent ones around for good prices now. The ones I've mentioned are made with quality arts and will have a 7-10 year warranty.

Deima_

Honorable
Jul 17, 2017
Hey there,

The 1660 Super is an excellent 1080p card. You could also consider a Radeon 5600xt, which is a monster.

PSU wise, any Corsair RMx/RMi/TXM, Seasonic Focus Plus Gold, EVGA G2/G3 there are a lot of very decent ones around for good prices now. The ones I've mentioned are made with quality arts and will have a 7-10 year warranty.
I looked around amazon and a few other sites but no luck of finding any of those psu's currently in stock in the UK. By chance would this one work fine too? https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08463Y238/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Fps limit is set by the cpu. The gpu either lives upto that limit or fails, determined by the graphics details. If raising /lowering settings changes the fps you see onscreen, the gpu is the culprit and failing to meet the limit.

That's a newer VS. It's plenty good for your needs. I'd not touch a G5 with a 10ft pole, it's considerably worse than the G3, which wasn't as good as the G2. Just like most game updates, the G5 fixed a couple of minor issues that resulted in creating half a dozen larger issues.

Gtx1660ti and call it a day. See where that gets you for fps and playability. IF you are now maxed at fps by the cpu, only then would I upgrade to a 3600, but I'd also upgrade the ram. Running at 2667MHz Cas 16 isn't doing you any favors with a Ryzen, you should be looking at 3000/3200MHz Cas14/16. You are missing out on @ 10% processor ability.