Which PCIE card to choose for my consumption

silvio.dauciello

Prominent
Jan 27, 2018
Hello everyone :)

As my PLC died, i was looking for a good PCIE card to put on my motherboard to have a nice, stable and effective connexion. My modem/routeur is on the living room, down the stairs so, and the computer i use is in my bedroom, under a wood desk, on the first floor, on the opposite side of the modem/routeur (i think there is about 20-25m and a few rooms between my computer and the modem/routeur). I'm mostly playing online games with that computer, watching some streams and FHD videos, and downloading some stuffs.

I'm using the "Bbox 3", and here are its features ( http://bgctv.skynetblogs.be/archive/2017/06/22/bbox3-modem-specificaties-8746950.html ) (sorry, i didn't find one in english )

My motherboard is an Asrock AB350 Pro 4, my power supply a Seasonic M12 II evo 620W. My OS is Windows 10, fully updated.

So i wanted to know which wireless card would suit the best for my needs and and compared to the location of my pc and the modem/routeur. Is 2 antennas enough ? Should i buy one with 3 antennas ? With a cable to put them on my case ? Or it doesn't matter, even if it is under a wood desk ?

I was thinking about the archer T9E (https://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-LINK-Archer-T9E-Wireless-Antennas/dp/B00TZJYRF6) or the Asus PCE AC 56 (https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-PCE-AC56-Carte-double-AC1300/dp/B00JNA337K ) (The AC 68 begins to be too much expensive for my budget, but if it's really needed, then i guess i won't have the choice :p )

So do you guys have any advices or so ?
And don't hesitate to ask for further informations if needed !

Thanks a lot !

Edit: There is a TV connected, about 4 smartphones and 2 computers (including mine)

Solution
The "best wireless" card is a (very long) Ethernet cable. Next "best" is a pair of power-line Ethernet adapters - one plugged next to the router, another one next to your PC.

If you had bad WiFi reception in your room with the old card, you'll have bad reception with new ones as well. As a last resort, I'd recommend PCI-e or USB WiFi adapter with removable antennae.
The "best wireless" card is a (very long) Ethernet cable. Next "best" is a pair of power-line Ethernet adapters - one plugged next to the router, another one next to your PC.

If you had bad WiFi reception in your room with the old card, you'll have bad reception with new ones as well. As a last resort, I'd recommend PCI-e or USB WiFi adapter with removable antennae.

Solution

silvio.dauciello

Prominent
Jan 27, 2018
Yeah i know but it is impossible for me to have the Ethernet cable. I had these power-line Ethernet adapters, but they've just died, that's why i'm looking for soemthing else. And i've never had any PCIE card, so i really don't know about the WiFi reception with it, and that's why i'm asking if two antennas would be enough if your opinion or if i should go for three ? I just know that my phone can't have a stable connexion with the WiFi in my room.

And thanks for the answer ! :)