Which Processor, motherboard and ram should i go for?

abdman

Commendable
Jul 12, 2016
I'm planning to upgrade my pc.
Specs
Core i5 4590
Gtx 1070
12 gb ddr3 ram
Asus B85m-g motherboard
As my 8 gb ram stick is not working, i am left with 4 gb of ram. So i thought why not upgrade to DDR4 instead of buying ddr3 ram. For this i need to change my motherboard and so i thought to upgrade my processor too.
Any suggestions on which processor, motherboard and ddr4 ram should i go for, all under $500. I would love to have an i7 7700. But which motherboard and ram should i go for. Or should i gor for amd ryzen. Which one of the ryzen processors is best to get. I need something Future proof. Thanks :)

Lutfij

Titan
The i7-7700 will set you back at least 300USD leaving you with 200 on the ram and the board. Before suggestion can be thrown your way, we;re going to need to know the sort of usage scenarios your system will see. Apps you're going to use would be a good indication of your system tasks.

abdman

Commendable
Jul 12, 2016
@lutfij I'll be playing all latest AAA games that come out. And will record and edit some videos and stuff.. but not that much.. mostly just gaming. People say i5 is still a best pick for gaming but i want this upgrade to last very long. My bugdet can go to $600 if i'll be able to sell my previous parts in good price.