which processor should i choose

Solution
I've seen videos of Skylake CPUs running in Coffee lake motherboards, supposedly. Doesn't make it true. I'd believe about 50% of what I saw on Youtube unless you can find concrete evidence by way of in depth, reputable review data on one of the major review sites like Tom's hardware, HardOCP, Techspot, etc., showing the same evidence.

Bottom line is Intel still has higher IPC than AMD. Nothing changes that. There could be a great many reasons why that user was having higher than normal CPU usage including issues with his Windows installation, lack of memory, too slow of memory, poor or buggy application installations, outdated or bad drivers. The list goes on and on. Core for core AMD cannot compete with Intel in most usage scenarios...
The 8600k will outperform the 2600x but the 2600x is likely cheaper. Either will work fine. Both are very capable. Factor in the cost of CPU, motherboard and RAM and go with whichever has the least overall cost investment unless you simply want the highest performance in which case I'd go with the Intel SKU and a 3200mhz memory kit.

I've seen videos of Skylake CPUs running in Coffee lake motherboards, supposedly. Doesn't make it true. I'd believe about 50% of what I saw on Youtube unless you can find concrete evidence by way of in depth, reputable review data on one of the major review sites like Tom's hardware, HardOCP, Techspot, etc., showing the same evidence.

Bottom line is Intel still has higher IPC than AMD. Nothing changes that. There could be a great many reasons why that user was having higher than normal CPU usage including issues with his Windows installation, lack of memory, too slow of memory, poor or buggy application installations, outdated or bad drivers. The list goes on and on. Core for core AMD cannot compete with Intel in most usage scenarios. In the ones it CAN compete or win out in, they are usually in applications that make good use of multiple cores AND the comparison is using an AMD CPU with more cores than it's Intel counterpart.

In this case they have identical core counts and Intel should easily win out in that event.

Solution