[SOLVED] Which PSU is better?

B!gMeme

Commendable
Sep 14, 2020
Which one should I be getting? My rig pulls a bit over 400 watts. I was hoping to do some moderate overclocks on it as well. One PSU is cheaper, and has less wattage but is gold rated. The other one is 2 dollars more, and is modular but is also less efficient. What should I get? PSU #1 PSU #2 The only concern I have about the second one is that I heard B5's were kinda low on the psu tier list. But seriously I can't decide.

Solution
I think that EVGA GD is NOT the 2017 Tier B model but it's the Tier C 2019 Model. Amazon says that this model was first available in 2019 so it can't be the 2017 better model of the GD.

Don't buy any of these two. Go for a Corsair TXM, RM, RMX or Seasonic Focus Gold. Even a Corsair CXM (grey label) would be better than both of these.

Morterio

Great
Dec 4, 2020
I wouldnt spare money on PSU, since a lot of problems might come in the long run, deffinetly go for the Best Brands,Best ratings and the wattage expected, in your case i would get 500- 550 or 650watt. For example EVGA 650 or Corsair. :)

I have bronze from evga 750 and works for now :D

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
While EVGA has some good models, they also have some terrible ones. And, they release new models (or model numbers, anyway) with annoying frequency.

So, out of frustration, I avoid them because I don't like that practice. Makes it too hard to keep up with which ones of their models are good, and which ones are garbage.

Take a look at the write up in the first link in my signature. That should be your must-read, your go-to guide, to getting a PSU.

I think that EVGA GD is NOT the 2017 Tier B model but it's the Tier C 2019 Model. Amazon says that this model was first available in 2019 so it can't be the 2017 better model of the GD.

Don't buy any of these two. Go for a Corsair TXM, RM, RMX or Seasonic Focus Gold. Even a Corsair CXM (grey label) would be better than both of these.

Last edited:
Reactions: King_V
Solution

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador

Generally agree with you - we just don't have the info on those EVGA models.

That said, the Corsair CX (NOT the green label version) is a bit better than the CXM, and the CX-F is a step better than the CX.

The Seasonic Core models are also worth considering. They're a step below the Focus, but maybe not by much? I haven't seen any reviews, but they do have a 7 year warranty, which should be an indication of how confident Seasonic is in them.

But yes, the Corsair TX, TXm, RM, RMx, and Seasonic Focus and Focus Plus are all excellent choices.

Reactions: Nemesia
Which one should I be getting? My rig pulls a bit over 400 watts. I was hoping to do some moderate overclocks on it as well. One PSU is cheaper, and has less wattage but is gold rated. The other one is 2 dollars more, and is modular but is also less efficient. What should I get? PSU #1 PSU #2 The only concern I have about the second one is that I heard B5's were kinda low on the psu tier list. But seriously I can't decide.
Right here dude. $82.00 and free shipping.
https://www.newegg.com/super-flower-leadex-iii-sf-550f14hg-550w/p/1HU-024C-00008

Reactions: King_V