[SOLVED] Which PSU to get

Aug 23, 2019
IS there any reason to go for a platinum psu over a bronze psu?

Looking at a seasonic focus plus 850 w platinum what is 167 euro
Vs cx850m Bronze which is 110 euro.

Solution
That Seasonic is a much higher quality unit than that particular Corsair and has a much longer warranty, 10years for the Seasonic VS 5 for the Corsair.
The bronze and Platinum ratings are just for efficiency.

Personally If I was working with a system that was going to need an 850w PSU I would not go for a budget unit like the CX. They are ok for entry level to mid level gaming and office PCs, but for a higher powered system I'd look to a higher end unit.

512-Bit

Reputable
Apr 17, 2019
80 Plus bronze will have 82% efficiency at 20% load, 85% at 50% load, and 82% at 100% load.
80 Plus Platninum will have 90% efficiency at 20% load, 92% at 50% load, and 89% at 100% load.

So in a way, Platinum is better. Bronze will still do the job just fine though.

bignastyid

Titan
That Seasonic is a much higher quality unit than that particular Corsair and has a much longer warranty, 10years for the Seasonic VS 5 for the Corsair.

Personally If I was working with a system that was going to need an 850w PSU I would not go for a budget unit like the CX. They are ok for entry level to mid level gaming and office PCs, but for a higher powered system I'd look to a higher end unit.

Solution
Aug 23, 2019

I have a ryzen 5 3600 and a gtx 1060 which i will upgrade to a rx 5700 xt and then im leaving some room for upgradability.