which RAM for Ryzen 1600

gm-madi

Respectable
Nov 26, 2017
hello everyone

- Ryzen 1600 @ 3.8
- MSI b350 gaming plus
- MSI gtx 1050 ti gaming X
- its bettter to get 2 x 8 Gb 300Mhz but its out of my budget, i have no choice except 8gb of RAM so is it better to get:
---- 1 x 8gb 3000Mhz ( i may add second RAM in few months )
or
---- 2 x 4Gb 2400Mhz ??
i know both gives extra 3-5% around, but which is better. thank you

On a dual channel platform like Ryzen, running dual channel is optimal. There are two advantages of that. First, it runs faster, and second, you have redundancy. Having said that, you do not notice the difference between running single vs double in real time, unless you are doing some RAM specific work.
So, if you are going to add another stick down the line while running on single stick for now, its fine to do so, but remember if that stick fails, you have nothing to boot with.
Now coming to the frequency, Ryzen cpus' perform better with faster RAM. AMD recommends 2666mhz and above. Here are some good RAM suggestions... https://www.toptengamer.com/best-ram-amd-ryzen-5-7-cpu/

gm-madi

Respectable
Nov 26, 2017

the RAM available here are Adata only, ( in tunisia)
and what you mean by 'if that stick fails, you have nothing to boot with.' you mean second RAM ?
by the way, all components will be tested by the shop + the RAM am planing to get is in the QVL. i will pay extra dollars for that 3000Mhz i hope it runs at 2933 otherwise the extra payment will be lost.