[SOLVED] Which ram is compatible with my motherboard?

DOOTER

Prominent
Feb 21, 2019
I've scoured the internet for answers about my motherboard, it's the Joshua-H61-uATX. You guys are my last hope. I know for a fact that this motherboard only can be upgraded to 16gbs of DDR3 ram, but I don't know which ram I should buy. I bought a 16gb single stick of DDR3 ram, installed it, and was met which beeping upon system start up. I currently have a single 8GB stick in right now, but that isn't cutting it for ram demanding games like Forza Horizon 4, etc.

I just need someone to point me in the right direction, thanks in advance.

Solution
I REALLY appreciate you taking out your time to help. Also, quick question. Can I pair a Crucial 8GB Ram stick with my current Samsung 8Gb ram stick? Will that cause issues because of the two different brands? Or should I just go the safe route and buy two Crucial Ram sticks?

Mixing memory is hit and miss. Even identical modules purchased at separate times can be incompatible.

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
I REALLY appreciate you taking out your time to help. Also, quick question. Can I pair a Crucial 8GB Ram stick with my current Samsung 8Gb ram stick? Will that cause issues because of the two different brands? Or should I just go the safe route and buy two Crucial Ram sticks?

Mixing memory is hit and miss. Even identical modules purchased at separate times can be incompatible.

Solution