Question Which RAM should i get?

gabrieldupontspam

Reputable
Mar 24, 2018
Depends on the current ram in it. If you are keeping the previous 8gb of ram, you should keep track of the timings, clock speeds, things like that. You have 4 dimm slots, so you could either keep the previous 8gb and get another 8gb, or put 16gb in and have 24gb total. Also, if you have a Ryzen processor, they take advantage of higher clock speeds on your ram.

zova

Reputable
Feb 12, 2018
Depends on the current ram in it. If you are keeping the previous 8gb of ram, you should keep track of the timings, clock speeds, things like that. You have 4 dimm slots, so you could either keep the previous 8gb and get another 8gb, or put 16gb in and have 24gb total. Also, if you have a Ryzen processor, they take advantage of higher clock speeds on your ram.
its 2x4 so im just going to get rid of it. Does all RAM fit the same DIMM slot? thats what im asking

zova

Reputable
Feb 12, 2018
its 2x4 so im just going to get rid of it. Does all RAM fit the same DIMM slot? thats what im asking
yes and no … ALL DDR4 will fit in DDr4 slots, DDR3 in DDR3 .. etc.... for that board you need DDR4 Ram.. so to answer you .. ALL DDR4 WILL FIT.. I bought this set when I built my system, had 0 issues with it as well it worked with XPM with no issues.. XPG GAMMIX D10 DDR4
is it possible for me to have 4gb 8gb 4gb and 8gb for 24gb? i have 4 slots would it work