Which router do i buy

Shane66

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014
Hi to the board, a little advice please. I have got 160 pound voucher to spend at pcworld UK, what router would you buy if you were me.
I have medium size teris house, aprox 15 wifi devises, pc, laptop, tablet, mobiles TV and eco. I am on virgin media 200mb. Hope you can give me some good advice because I have just spent two hours looking at reviews and not really any wiser....many thanks.

Solution
An AC1900 dual band router like an Asus AC68U or a Netgear R7000. If you don't have any ethernet cabling between the floors, then use leftover funds to buy AV2 powerline network adapters and another AC68U to use as an access point.

kanewolf

Titan
An AC1900 dual band router like an Asus AC68U or a Netgear R7000. If you don't have any ethernet cabling between the floors, then use leftover funds to buy AV2 powerline network adapters and another AC68U to use as an access point.

Solution

Shane66

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014

Thanks for the advice, i went with the Asus AC68U, it was very easy to setup. I now have 4/5 bars on phones in parts of the house that were only getting 1 or 2. My sons wifi in attic room has jumped from 35mb to 80mb. Now i wait and see if i still get drops like i was getting on the v2 router every other day........But so far so very good.

TRENDING THREADS