[SOLVED] Which router is better suited as a bridge?

Nov 16, 2021
Hello, I have 2 routers setup in my home.

Main router connected to the modem in bedroom:
Asus RT-AC1900P

Living room router in bridge mode (this is the one with the most wireless devices connected to its wifi and we use most often):
Asus RT-N66U

I just bought a Netgear Nighthawk AX4300 (model RAX45) and wondering if I should swap out the main router and use the RT-AC1900P as the bridge.
OR, just use this new Netgear as the bridge and RT-AC1900P remain as main router?
Any advice is appreciated. Thank you!

Solution
I would use the new router as the bridge/ap.

The new router in theory at least should handle more users better. Wifi6 has some features that help but to be most effective all device need to be wifi6. It will still likely run better than the 802.11ac router. Even if you have 1 wifi6 device that device will see faster network.....well some wifi6 device are only 80mhz but it won't run worse.
I would use the new router as the bridge/ap.

The new router in theory at least should handle more users better. Wifi6 has some features that help but to be most effective all device need to be wifi6. It will still likely run better than the 802.11ac router. Even if you have 1 wifi6 device that device will see faster network.....well some wifi6 device are only 80mhz but it won't run worse.

Reactions: Sobayaki
Solution