[SOLVED] Which RTX 2060 GPU Brand Variant from Proshop should I buy?

Abdullahx9000

Reputable
Jun 26, 2016
I have quite recently gotten a 1920x1080 144hz Monitor (KG241Q) and have been looking to upgrade a piece of my setup to hopefully be able to enjoy a +144fps experience in all games while streaming or recording. primarily planning to play the following:

• Apex Legends
  • Modern Warfare Multiplayer and Warzone
  • Black Ops 4
  • Overwatch
  • Valorant
Also I plan to play on lowest graphical settings as I am looking to achieve the highest FPS possible.

I was thinking the GPU would be the right component to upgrade and have been suggested to buy an RTX 2060 (Non super version). I live in Denmark so I am planning to buy from ProShop here: https://www.proshop.dk/?s=2060

My budget is around 400$, which of the RTX 2060 GPU variants in the link above would be solid and would you recommend me to buy?

Current PC Specs:
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-6700
  • GPU: AMD R9 390
  • RAM: 16GB Samsung M378A1G43DB0-CPB 2x8GB
  • MBD: Asus PRIME B250M-A
  • PSU: 750W

Abdullahx9000

Reputable
Jun 26, 2016
This game will force, or has already forced, budget builders to spend more on upgrades than they initially intended/expected.
A real slap in the face this one is.

The other games on the list aren't as hard to run - well, Valorant is still fairly new, and could change with time.

Warzone can use up to 12 cpu threads, and that's before streaming...

Yep that is sadly how it is =[
I was planning on playing on Lowest Graphical settings in all games to hopefully achieve highest FPS while make it less impactful and stressful my pc components.

I sadly only have around 2600-2800DKK (400$) so I am stuck with a 2060 non Super version =[ Any suggestions on which variant of the GPU I should buy from ProShop? https://www.proshop.dk/?s=2060

There is a few that I am interesting in, but unsure which would be best:

Abdullahx9000

Reputable
Jun 26, 2016

Abdullahx9000

Reputable
Jun 26, 2016
The pretty simple solution for all streamer out there. Is buy a capture card. You wont have to worry about any 12 core cpu. You can even stream with 4core cpu + 1050ti as long you have a capture card.
That's a great suggestion! I will buy this 2060 Super and see if I can play all games at +144fps while streaming or recording, if it does not cut it I will think about a capture card

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Capture card on a single PC setup will not offer any boost in performance over just capturing the game with game capture or window capture.
In fact, using a capture card on a single PC setup will use more resources.

To get the most out of PC gaming and a capture card you'll need two PCs - one for streaming and the other for gaming, but that gets a bit more expensive than just getting a cpu with some extra threads, as not everyone is able to go the 2 PC route.

Reactions: Abdullahx9000

Abdullahx9000

Reputable
Jun 26, 2016
Capture card on a single PC setup will not offer any boost in performance over just capturing the game with game capture or window capture.

To get the most out of PC gaming and a capture card you'll need two PCs - one for streaming and the other for gaming, but that gets a bit more expensive than just getting a cpu with some extra threads, as not everyone is able to go the 2 PC route.

I know for sure I wont go with a 2 PC setup, that is going to be so much work. I think I will start saving up for a better CPU after getting this GPU

Reactions: Phaaze88

gamenadez

Commendable
Feb 17, 2018

There is a capture card that has built it encoder/decoder on its own ITS EXPENSIVE. Maybe you are using those cheap capture card. Instead of letting the GPU do the encoding/decoding for streaming. the capture card do it on its own.

you dont need a separate computer. elgato hd60 pro. just plug it on pci slot and you dont need any streaming software, you can just use elgato and stream with it.

Last edited: