Which RX480 (8gb) is better: The XFX RS or the Sapphire Nitro+ model?

Simonky16

Reputable
Feb 1, 2016
I'm opting for a mini ITX build in the silverstone sugo sg13. The XFX GTR model is too big, that's why XFX RS is the only option besides the Sapphire one.
I heard that both the Gigabyte and the reference card perform worse, so they're out. All other cards are too big (maximum 10.5inch/266mm*5.11inch/129mm)

I'm purchasing in Germany, but since the price difference between the cards isn't that big, I don't really factor it in.

Which one of these two cards is the better one? Talking about cooling, noise and performance.
I've seen very few reviews of the xfx card so far but heard some bad stuff (low heat limit=a lot of noise) about the Sapphire models.

Any thoughts?

Sm0k

Honorable
Nov 7, 2013
They will both performed great with that said I’ll go for Sapphire, the hot swappable fans (that’s a nice extra) https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6gE2CmAnnUeghvdC/giphy.gif they have great cooling solutions and quiet, Sapphire I think is the oldest or one of the oldest ATI/AMD partner, my personal experience with Sapphire is great and I have had some several GPU from this guys in the past.

Anyway that my personal opinion and choice

Simonky16

Reputable
Feb 1, 2016

That's why I included them in the question, because they fit in the case.
The question, however, was which one of the two is better

i upvoted smok' answer in favor of sapphire.
but to answer ur question straight, yes the sapphire nitro+ cards r good.

Dova-Pug

Prominent
Feb 19, 2017
Sapphire is the better card for sure, better cooler with swappable fans and a hefty factory overclock as well as (in my opinion) better aesthetics and a backplate.