Question Which Ryzen 7 supports AMD-V instruction?

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 7, 2021
I have Ryzen 5 3600 but does not support AMD-V instruction when I tested it using CPU-Z and HWINFO. I am planning to upgrade my CPU but I want to be sure if which Ryzen 7 supports AMD-V instruction. I bought my Ryzen 3600 because I thought it supports virtualization that I read from https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/amd/ryzen_5/3600#Features but I was wrong. Thank you so much in advance.

OrlyP

Reputable
Aug 20, 2020
Yes it does. You just need to enable it in BIOS/UEFI. It's typically found under CPU Settings.

On my B550 AORUS Pro, it's called SVM Mode, Just enable it.

94dg4mM.png

Reactions: workmen
May 7, 2021
Yes it does. You just need to enable it in BIOS/UEFI. It's typically found under CPU Settings.

On my B550 AORUS Pro, it's called SVM Mode, Just enable it.

94dg4mM.png
Yes i did Sir, but ill give it a try once more. my mobo is gigabyte b450 aorus elite and svm was enabled. If it doesnt work ill upgrade my mobo instead. I'll try B550 aorus pro like yours. Thank you

Last edited:
May 7, 2021
Did you enable the feature in your motherboard BIOS? It is usually disabled since most consumer users don't use this capability.

The CPU does support AMD-V / AMD Virtualization technology.

See here: https://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Zen/AMD-Ryzen 5 3600.html
Did you enable/install Virtual Machine Platform and Hyper-V in windows ? Window Sandbox can also interfere with some VMs.

I installed vmware workstation pro, I'll check the settings in windows about Hyper-V, should i enable or disable it?

May 7, 2021
Do not enable hyper V it is the biggest pile of junk in the world stick with VMware

I had it disabled, i already enabled the svm in bios setting, when i run task manager under performance tab it shows that virtualization is enabled, however i cant ebable the virtualize AMD-V/RVI in virtual machine settings in workstation pro and if i do it prompts that amd-v is not supported on the platform which is kind of weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.