Question which ssd should i buy?

Apr 24, 2021
hi there i wanted to buy a budget ssd and i already have some options:
WD GREEN WDS120G1G0A 120 gb
PNY CS900 120 GB
ADATA SU650 120 GB
LEXAR NS100 128 GB
which is better in terms of performance speed (read and write) tnx.
only for a game and the windows itself
MB: H310M S2H 2.0
i have a hdd can i use both in one case?
for the budget of 20 to 40 $

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2021
For what use?
What motherboard?
What budget?

Personally, I'd buy NONE of those.
Too small, and second rate devices.
wdym with second rated devices? they are bad at what? i only need a 120 gb ssd for windows and maybe csgo, and im on budget so i have to buy a cheap ssd

USAFRet

Titan
wdym with second rated devices? they are bad at what? i only need a 120 gb ssd for windows and maybe csgo, and im on budget so i have to buy a cheap ssd
You will quickly find that a 120GB drive is running out of space.

As far as second rate? Well, thats what those are.
In the SATA SSD world, slow, at best.

For instance..the WD Green, in many uses, is really no better than an HDD.

What IS your budget? $20-$40?
Buying where?

Pextaxmx

Reputable
Jun 15, 2020
there are so many "pulled" nearly new 128GB SSDs for sale on ebay under 20 bucks. Often pulled from brand new device for immediate upgrade as new. At that price range, I wouldn't worry about warranty coverage. Look for big names like Kioxia, WD, Micron, Samsung, Hynix, Lite-on

Pextaxmx

Reputable
Jun 15, 2020
It's your budget and you have to stay within it.
The 120GB will work just be prepared to keep an eye on disk space used and doing some regular house cleaning.
exactly... when the OP sets boundary conditions in the question, why not stick to them and suggest best solution within?
Suggesting to spend a bit more is an easy answer. Not necessarily a good/useful answer.
120GB is fine for OS only drive.

USAFRet

Titan
exactly... when the OP sets boundary conditions in the question, why not stick to them and suggest best solution within?
Suggesting to spend a bit more is an easy answer. Not necessarily a good/useful answer.
120GB is fine for OS only drive.
Often, the full boundary is not known until later.
Using "$20-$40" and Amazon.com, one would think USA.

There, a 500GB drive that was only $3 over that $40 was a MUCH better buy.
Then, a 250GB that was under the $40.

Only later do we have an inkling that it is not a USA purchase.

Apr 24, 2021
Often, the full boundary is not known until later.
Using "$20-$40" and Amazon.com, one would think USA.

There, a 500GB drive that was only $3 over that $40 was a MUCH better buy.
Then, a 250GB that was under the $40.

Only later do we have an inkling that it is not a USA purchase.
no i just wanted to show the ssd. im living in iran so CUSTOMS will apply to every single thing that is coming from another country so yeah prices are not ideal in this country. for example if im buying an 20$ ssd from amazon ar ebay or wherever that is not in my own country will be customs applied to 60 70$ in usd ofc millions in IR rial, i mean $ is 25000x more than a IR rial.

USAFRet

Titan
no i just wanted to show the ssd. im living in iran so CUSTOMS will apply to every single thing that is coming from another country so yeah prices are not ideal in this country. for example if im buying an 20$ ssd from amazon ar ebay or wherever that is not in my own country will be customs applied to 60 70$ in usd ofc millions in IR rial, i mean $ is 25000x more than a IR rial.
Fair enuff.

So what IS available, in your market, at 250GB?
I really really dislike buying a 120GB drive today.

Apr 24, 2021
there are so many "pulled" nearly new 128GB SSDs for sale on ebay under 20 bucks. Often pulled from brand new device for immediate upgrade as new. At that price range, I wouldn't worry about warranty coverage. Look for big names like Kioxia, WD, Micron, Samsung, Hynix, Lite-on
i only know wd samsung and micron

TRENDING THREADS