Question which sub 50 dollar psu to buy and which 1660 ti to opt for?

Mar 9, 2019
I will be doing a build with a ryzen 5 1600 and a gtx 1660 ti. I have been looking at a variety of power supplies ranging from seasonic m12ii, corsair vs 550 , evga b500, br500 yet i usually find mixed reviews about them. I would greatly appreciate if someone sheds a ray of clarity upon this confusion of mine and links me to a good power supply in this price bracket. Also, for my graphics card should I opt for the Zotac 1660 ti or MSI Ventus 1660 ti. I understand that there is a minimalist performance gap but in terms of thermals, build quality and reliability, which one is worthy of my cash?
note: I will be ordering my parts from the united states.

Last edited:

Oscil

Reputable
Mar 8, 2019
I personally use corsair vs550 for about 2 years now. I have problems with my house and electricity goes down all the time(nothing to do with psu) and I never had a problem with my psu.

I have a ryzen 5 2600 with gtx 1060 6gb running perfectly.
Also im more fan of the zotac. My gtx1060 is a zotac and it runs at 63C in apex legends.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2019
As far as I know the Zotac one is slightly slower than the msi variant, can that factory oc be bridged by manual over clocking? One more thing,can you link me to a decent atx case for 35-40 dollars.

Last edited:

Oscil

Reputable
Mar 8, 2019
As far as I know the Zotac one is slightly slower than the msi variant, can that factory oc be bridged by manual over clocking? One more think,can you link me to a decent case for 35-40 dollars.
Yeah u can bridge it by manual overclocking. But the difference between them is nothing for me and isn't worth the "trouble" unless u need the extra fps.
I don't know much about cases because I don't mind that much but this one is decent.
https://www.amazon.com/DeepCool-MAT...words=pc+case&qid=1552168880&s=gateway&sr=8-8
I got my self a deepcool dukase and it's perfect.

Oscil

Reputable
Mar 8, 2019
Cases sound more like a personal preference to me. If you like it buy it.
If you plan on putting a water cooling for your cpu I prefer having an open top on my case.(for a big one and kinda better airflow)
You can still fit a water cooling in there. Other than that that's a good case.

dstln

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
I will be doing a build with a ryzen 5 1600 and a gtx 1660 ti. I have been looking at a variety of power supplies ranging from seasonic m12ii, corsair vs 550 , evga b500, br500 yet i usually find mixed reviews about them. I would greatly appreciate if someone sheds a ray of clarity upon this confusion of mine and links me to a good power supply in this price bracket. Also, for my graphics card should I opt for the Zotac 1660 ti or MSI Ventus 1660 ti. I understand that there is a minimalist performance gap but in terms of thermals, build quality and reliability, which one is worthy of my cash?

Seasonic is often the safest and most reliable choice, if the rest of the specs are also similar.

Apr 12, 2019
for about 50$ you cant get much I would tell you something just never skimp on your psu personally for 50$ I would recommend either an evga 500wBR or a rosewill glacier 500w but if you can push the price of the psu to 75$ which is the minimum for a really good gold psu then do that try to fit a seasonic focus gold 550w for 75$,
currently seasonic is classified as the best psu company that doesnt mean that all its psu are good and trustworthy but its somewhat higher end psus are the best on the market I was getting an evga 500w BR but then people told me go to the safest route possible with the power supplies to not have troubles while building espicially if its your first time.

So I went with a Seasonic focus Gold 550w for 75$ and its definitely worth it and would save you alot of time and effort while building since its also modular.