Which to choose intel broadwell e, skylake s,kabylake/ cannonlake and amd zen cores and apus for gaming and rendering?

Djake_

Reputable
Oct 19, 2015
Gud day to everyone specially for those peoples who help and contributes to answers everyone's confusion regarding cpus.

I told my brother before not to RUSH to buy intel i7 6700k processors thus i advice him to wait year 2016 because INTEL AND AMD COMPANIES will release new processors. as a matter of fact my brother does not have patience to waiT as a result he bought the i7 6700k immediately 1 week after.

MY BROTHER WILL USE THIS CPU FOR THE FOLLOWING:
1. GAMING
2. RENDERING (E.G. SOUND EDITING, VIDEO EDITING, AND PHOTOSHOP)

from above gaming is his main task and the rendering is frequent to be done.
BY THE WAY HERES THE LINK FOR NEW UPCOMING INTEL AND AMD PROCESSORS

http://wccftech.com/intel-2016-roadmap-leaked-confirms-kaby-lakes-10-core-broadwelle-apollo-lake-processors/

1. Now my question is IS I7 6700K IS STILL WORTH CPUS TO BUY FOR GAMING AND PERFORMANCE OR BETTER TO WAIT THE NEXT INTEL THE BROADWELL E, SKYLAKE E/S OR THE AMD ZEN?

2. SECOND IS IF YOU WERE IN THE PLACE OF MY Brother and if you already bought i7 6700k just as not to waste the money, how MANY YEARS WILL YOU WAIT FOR BEST UPGRADE?

HOPE YOU WILL GIVE ME SOME ADVICE AND THOUGHTS.
THANK YOU GUYS AND BELATED MERRY XMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE

Zen isn't going to be out until towards the end of 2016, so it's not really worth considering for anyone right now unless they're not looking to build for another 9 or 10 months or so.

As for Intel, Skylake is it for mainstream processors at the moment, Kaby Lake, which is just a Skylake refresh is slated for late 2016, so about the same time as Zen, with Cannonlake being pushed back to 2017. Broadwell-E is coming soon and will have a 10 core CPU as its flagship i7 apparently, but the Enthusiast chips are quite pricey, with the cheapest models costing about the same or a little more compared to the 6700k.

For gaming, the 6700k is probably the best CPU available right now. There are enthusiast i7s with 6 or 8 cores, but games don't scale well across more than 4 cores at the moment, and the high core count chips are clocked lower, so the 6700k would have an edge as far as gaming goes. Rendering would be better on the enthusiast i7s with 6 or more cores, but they are quite expensive and may not be worth it if rendering and editing is being done as a hobby and not professionally.