Question Which to choose?

united-12

Prominent
Oct 27, 2022
Hi all
I'm looking to buy a PC gaming, and I'm in the middle of these two, the price is approximately the same
Based on your knowledge, which one do you choose?

*Motherboard: ASRock B450 Steel Legend
*CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6cores 12threads, @4.60GHz
*GPU: Sapphire Pulse AMD RX 5700XT - 8GB, GDDR6 PCIe 4.0
*RAM: HyperX Fury Beast 2x8GB [16GB], DDR4 3200MHz CL16
*SSD: Kingston A400 - 480GB
*PSU: Thermaltake SmartSeries 600W RGB
*Case: MS Armor V715 me 3 fana ARGB.

*Motherboard: ASUS PRIME H510M-K
*CPU: i5-11400F 2.6GHz (4.4GHz)
*GPU: Zotac GAMING RTX 3060 Ti Twin Edge OC 8GB GDDR6
*RAM: G.Skill AEGIS - DDR4 - 16GB (3200 MHz)
*SSD: Kingston NV2 500GB
*PSU: nJoy Synergy 600W 80 Plus
*Case: Kolink Observatory Lite Midi-Tower

I would go with the Intel setup. The cpu is a little less powerful than the Amd, but the Rtx 3060TI is a better gpu. Overall it would outperform the AMD setup in gaming, and be about the same in workload. Full disclosure Intel is a turn on and use system, AMD can be finicky sometimes IMHO.

I concur on the 2nd Intel/Nvidia setup being a bit better, though I don't agree on the CPU being worse if it's primarily for gaming. The AMD would multitask better, but the Intel is very slightly better for gaming, though at 1% better (Userbenchmarks), it won't really be noticed. The 3060 Ti though is roughly 20% better at gaming than the 5700 XT.

The NV2 SSD is also substantially faster and more reliable than the A400, and even has a bit more capacity. 20 GB is easily half the required space for OS, and any programs, drivers, etc that can't be put on a non C drive, with a bit of room to spare.

That said, my biggest concern about the 2nd build is the PSU, a component of which importance is often overlooked. I've read these are made in Romania, but I've seen no reviews on them, just a forum chat claim that they are rated fairly good, though I'm guessing "good" for what's available in that area. It only has a two year warranty though.

TRENDING THREADS