[SOLVED] Which to use: iCue Commander Pro or Aorus RGB Fan Commander

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2019
Hello all,

I'm building my first PC in over 15 years and I'm struggling to understand how to hook up my RGB fans so I can control all the internal lighting from a single source.

I have the Corsair Hydro X Custom Cooling System, which comes with the iCUE Commander Pro, but it turns out my AORUS mobo has its own RGB Fan Commander module, and I'm unsure of how to proceed.

Should I return the iCUE Commander Pro and route everything through the Fan Commander, or should I ignore the Fan Commander and just use the iCUE Commander Pro like I originally intended?

I'm looking for the solution that allows me to control and synchronize all my RGB lighting elements from a single app / interface.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
I am using both Gigabyte RGB Fusion for the motherboard and iCue for my Corsair H150i Pro, 3 x 8gb Vengeance Pro RGB RAM, Corsair Strafe RGB motherboard and Corsair M45 Mouse (okay I have gone a bit overboard on the RGB!) and to be honest both have issues and have some way to go, though I find Gigabytes RGB Fusion software beyond crud at the moment. I have not used the RGB Fan Commander module so it might be a little different.

On the iCue side it has been a bit better though again I have had issues with high CPU usage and I had to go back to an older version to stop that...Still the control of RGB is done quiet well on iCue with all the devices synced up as is control of the fan speeds and pump speed. As you have quiet a bit of...
If I were still into lighting I would use the Fan Commander that comes with the Gigabyte. You can use the software that comes with the board to do some pretty neat tricks with supported hardware. Add to that one less device (with countless wires) in your setup. And depending where you are, might save you around $70 USD.

I am using both Gigabyte RGB Fusion for the motherboard and iCue for my Corsair H150i Pro, 3 x 8gb Vengeance Pro RGB RAM, Corsair Strafe RGB motherboard and Corsair M45 Mouse (okay I have gone a bit overboard on the RGB!) and to be honest both have issues and have some way to go, though I find Gigabytes RGB Fusion software beyond crud at the moment. I have not used the RGB Fan Commander module so it might be a little different.

On the iCue side it has been a bit better though again I have had issues with high CPU usage and I had to go back to an older version to stop that...Still the control of RGB is done quiet well on iCue with all the devices synced up as is control of the fan speeds and pump speed. As you have quiet a bit of Corsair kit, iCue will be best for that...

I also have 4 120mm ARGB fans from Fractal Design and 2 x 200mm ARGB fans from Thermaltake which are all controlled from the Thermaltake controller...bit of a bodge job but I got it to work....Okay, okay my RGB drug has completely taken over...what can I do!

I wish there was a standardised RGB and ARGB system but that seems a long way off unless you stick to just one manufacturer...

Oh and it gets worse...I forgot to mention the MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X with more RGB and the Soundblaster AE5 with even more...yes I am completely gone down RGB la la land! I hope the PC Gods forgive me!!!

Last edited:
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.