Which way should my Watercooler fans point?

Totalxclipse

Reputable
Jul 15, 2015
I've just built my first pc and have placed my coolermaster nepton 240M above the cpu. So it is currently blowing air out the top of my Pc case. My worry is that the Radiator is placed behind the fans (it's connected to the case with the fans underneath. Is this correct? as it is surely blowing warm air from the GPU and CPU up and out via the radiator. Would turning the fans around so they draw air in from the top of the case through the radiator and over the cpu be better?

or does this not affect the temperature that much?

I hope I explained this clearly. Thanks for any help

Solution
It is usually best to draw air from outside the case in and through the radiator. If it is top mounted, then fans on top. Basically, fans closer to the outside if that is how you desire to have air flow.

For even more cooling, you could have fans on top and bottom, known as push pull air flow. The top fans will pull air in from outside and the inner fans will push the air through the radiator.

SBennett13

Reputable
Jul 18, 2015
It is usually best to draw air from outside the case in and through the radiator. If it is top mounted, then fans on top. Basically, fans closer to the outside if that is how you desire to have air flow.

For even more cooling, you could have fans on top and bottom, known as push pull air flow. The top fans will pull air in from outside and the inner fans will push the air through the radiator.

Solution