Which wifi adapter today?

abrogard

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2009
Why is my interface with tom's hardware all weird text only stuff?

I use those cheap wifi usb adapters in our computers and they're fine.

But now I have a computer in a faraway steel shed and I need better reception out there so I might invest in something a tad better.

What should I look at?

Solution

No, that's not what it should look like - it's stripping out all the HTML5 / Javascript - do you have Opera set to a mobile mode? Does it look the same in a different browser?

20m isn't that far - it's probably due to being inside the shed (low signal). I'd suggest an outdoor bridge for that application (since it will be more weatherproof).

abrogard

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2009
The format of this page is awful. Perhaps it's meant for iphones or something? I'm on a pc. How do I fix it?
Yep, it's a tg800 router in australia - a telstra 'gateway' broadband wifi/router.
I might stick a hole through the shed wall and take a usb extension through it....
Spending money on a fancier adapter isn't going to help by sounds of it?

inanition02

Distinguished

No, that's not what it should look like - it's stripping out all the HTML5 / Javascript - do you have Opera set to a mobile mode? Does it look the same in a different browser?

20m isn't that far - it's probably due to being inside the shed (low signal). I'd suggest an outdoor bridge for that application (since it will be more weatherproof).

Solution