[SOLVED] Which Windows is easier to exploit/vulnb, Win7 or WinXP | Usage Python3

ikernelpro4

Reputable
BANNED
Aug 4, 2018
Which version of Windows is easier to exploit and work with vulnb.
The lang. used will be Python3 (not 2!).

Please only reply with extensive knowledge, just saying "x because its older" is pointless and if I could, I would delete/block those answers.

Solution
Yea that's the thing.

Thank you for clarifying. This is what happens when you have way too little sleep haha.

With easier I mean less abstraction, more direct and less secure attack points.
If I am not wrong attacking SMB is more challenging on Windows 10 than on Windows XP. due to the amount of patches, fixes and security updates released and additionally used and reported vulnb.

I know everything can be exploited, no matter the amount of patches and precautions.
Exactly.
Holes that exist/existed in XP have been patched in subsequent versions.
Not simply because "XP is older", just that those holes that were later discovered were never backported into an XP update. Once MS says "OK, that's it...no more security updates"...it...

USAFRet

Titan
I would ask, why the word "easier" ?
Exploit, in what way?

If the person is lacking in skills and is looking to attack which is "easier", then maybe they should just increase their skill set.

But, it would be XP in general, because Win 7 has gotten a lot more recent security updates vs XP.

ikernelpro4

Reputable
BANNED
Aug 4, 2018
I don't think you can delete other people answer/post
Yea that's the thing.
I would ask, why the word "easier" ?
Exploit, in what way?

If the person is lacking in skills and is looking to attack which is "easier", then maybe they should just increase their skill set.

But, it would be XP in general, because Win 7 has gotten a lot more recent security updates vs XP.
Thank you for clarifying. This is what happens when you have way too little sleep haha.

If I am not wrong attacking SMB is more challenging on Windows 10 than on Windows XP. due to the amount of patches, fixes and security updates released and additionally used and reported vulnb.

I know everything can be exploited, no matter the amount of patches and precautions.

USAFRet

Titan
Yea that's the thing.

Exactly.
Holes that exist/existed in XP have been patched in subsequent versions.
Not simply because "XP is older", just that those holes that were later discovered were never backported into an XP update. Once MS says "OK, that's it...no more security updates"...it gets no more.
And those holes and vulnerabilities still exist in an XP install.

For instance, TLS in the browser.
The current TLS v1.3 is not supported or compatible in whatever browser can still run in an XP install.

Solution