Which would be better: two GTX 770's(4gb) or a single 780ti?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ryan412

Honorable
Jan 3, 2014
I currently have two 760 2gb and they arent that great (playing on max settings). I am looking to upgrade and I'm not sure which setup would be better for how much money I would be spending. I'm either going to go with two 770's(4gb) or a single 780ti?

Solution
LOL. ok this thread gave me a good laugh.

It's a pretty safe assumption that if he has a full system already with sli 760, looking to upgrade and is asking if 750W is enough that he is talking about his current PSU. No wild leaps there =). Thanks for the informative links Derza but you should not entertain such stupidity from other people for so long :p

evgalover, for the sake of all other users who enjoy this forum please don't argue with conviction but no fact, it's just foolish and it misguides people. Provide something tangible at least =)

Call Bullshit all you want... Why don't you try to disprove it? Man all you do is spout out random shit and don't back any of it... I gave you a link to gtx 780 ti sli power consumptions to prove my point and yet you still say you don't believe it and i know nothing, and you even go on to call me names... Have you given ANY proof to anything you have said? Nope!

EvgaLover

Honorable
Dec 9, 2013

you started disrespecting me and i havent seen you prove anything. you havent proved that he has a 750w psu, you havent proved that 750w is enough for gtx 780ti sli and you havent proved anything. goodbye you lowlife loser.

That all you have? just call bullshit and say i disrespected you? ( even though you are the one calling me names ) Then ignore all proof i have given showing SLI GTX 780 Ti power consumption? Avoiding giving any proof... i guess you are admitting you are wrong...

Ryan412

Honorable
Jan 3, 2014

Just to clear things up a few days later, because I see there was clearly an argument here, I do have a 750 watt PSU

norm8473

Honorable
Jan 23, 2014
LOL. ok this thread gave me a good laugh.

It's a pretty safe assumption that if he has a full system already with sli 760, looking to upgrade and is asking if 750W is enough that he is talking about his current PSU. No wild leaps there =). Thanks for the informative links Derza but you should not entertain such stupidity from other people for so long :p

evgalover, for the sake of all other users who enjoy this forum please don't argue with conviction but no fact, it's just foolish and it misguides people. Provide something tangible at least =)

Solution