Question Whick XMP profile here?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2942093
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2942093

Both have same basic timings.

For these three settings leave on auto(xmp 1) or the set options(xmp 2)

D

Deleted member 2942093

if they are the same. then there will be no different.
There are three options in my original post. XMP Profile 1 keeps those 3 settings on Auto whereas XMP Profile 2 manually sets those 3 settings.

Which one is better choose?

D

Deleted member 2942093

To elaborate more so someone can possibly help more in my motherboard it states the following

[XMP 1]: Load thje DIMM's default XMP memory timings (CL, TRCD, TRP, TRAS) with BCLK frequency and other memory parameters optimized by Asus.
[XMP II]: Load the DIMM's complete default XMP profile. (Manufacturer)

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
XMP I appears to let the MB handle a couple of elements, whereas XMP II is a little more specific.
MB's handling on "Auto" will vary board to board, vendor to vendor..... so if you *can* boot XMP II it'll likely be 'better' to do so, but with as little as it appears to be touching, you'll never notice the difference day-to-day and unless the board is applying very, very strange values via "auto", any difference likely isn't even measurable.

D

Deleted member 2942093

XMP I appears to let the MB handle a couple of elements, whereas XMP II is a little more specific.
MB's handling on "Auto" will vary board to board, vendor to vendor..... so if you *can* boot XMP II it'll likely be 'better' to do so, but with as little as it appears to be touching, you'll never notice the difference day-to-day and unless the board is applying very, very strange values via "auto", any difference likely isn't even measurable.
Ok so in this situation you think XMP profile 2 the way to go?

D

Deleted member 2947362

Ok so in this situation you think XMP profile 2 the way to go?
I'm Guessing here but profile 2 will set tighter timings for the other parameters profile 1 leaves on auto

But some motherboards might not be able to boot or become unstable with the timing parameters XMP profile 2 sets, The Ram is tested and will run at those timings but the motherboard might not be able to.

So Profile 1 will set the basic timings leaving the motherboard auto find the timings that will work with the basic timing parameters set by XMP profile 1

TRENDING THREADS