Question While i'm playing games i'm getting a "no signal" and a reboot ?

Jun 14, 2022
Hi everyone.

My rig is:

Ryzen 5 2600
Sapphire Pulse RX 570 8GB
8 GB Ram 3000Mhz CL16
Gamepower 650w 80+ Bronze PSU
Windows: 21H2 (Windows 10)
Graphics Card Driver: 22.4.2

I was using GPU driver 22.5.2 and i got this problem so I'm trying old versions maybe I can get rid of this problem. But so far I keep having this issue all the time.

My problem is, when i play games i get a black screen and "no signal" but my computer keeps running and it reboots itself.

The games I was playing when I got that problem are:

Marvel's Avengers
Valorant
FIFA 22
Genshin Impact
Fortnite
Forza Horizon 4

My temperatures are normal, I recently changed thermal paste. My energy levels are normal too. But I keep having this issue.

Last edited:
Gamepower 650W 80+ Bronze, 2 year old

Despite it's name, this is a low-quality PSU which should not be used on a gaming PC.
According to Tom's Hardware PSU Tier List, it's a Tier D unit "Recommended only for very cheap, iGPU systems"

The symptoms you have described are typical of a problem with the PSU, you need to replace it with a good-quality one.

Reactions: WarWolverineWarrior
Jun 14, 2022
Despite it's name, this is a low-quality PSU which should not be used on a gaming PC.
According to Tom's Hardware PSU Tier List, it's a Tier D unit "Recommended only for very cheap, iGPU systems"

The symptoms you have described are typical of a problem with the PSU, you need to replace it with a good-quality one.
I'm using it since 2019 (not 3 years with the months) and i used this psu 3 different system in years. When i check those voltage leves its totally normal. Problem is happened when i update my graphic card driver. So I dont think PSU causing it.

remove any graphics overclocking driver and check for overheating of the cpu and gpu.

Generally, if too much power is running thru the graphic pci/e bus then the motherboard protection circuits kick in to prevent the bus from melting and catching fire. It does this by resetting the cpu.

good power supplies can also do this when it detects a overload, It changes a signal to the motherboard and the motherboard protections circuits take over.

hot gpu pulls more power than a cool gpu and the result looks the same as a bad gpu overclock. blow out any dust from the GPU fans. underclock your GPU if you can not find the cause of the problem. (to see if it helps)

(new drivers can change the default power/heat use profiles of a GPU) But then so can summer and a warmer room. last summer I had to put a big exterior fan outside my case so I could use the pc during the day.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2022
remove any graphics overclocking driver and check for overheating of the cpu and gpu.

Generally, if too much power is running thru the graphic pci/e bus then the motherboard protection circuits kick in to prevent the bus from melting and catching fire. It does this by resetting the cpu.

good power supplies can also do this when it detects a overload, It changes a signal to the motherboard and the motherboard protections circuits take over.

hot gpu pulls more power than a cool gpu and the result looks the same as a bad gpu overclock. blow out any dust from the GPU fans. underclock your GPU if you can not find the cause of the problem. (to see if it helps)

(new drivers can change the default power/heat use profiles of a GPU) But then so can summer and a warmer room. last summer I had to put a big exterior fan outside my case so I could use the pc during the day.
Gonna try my friends PSU and after that gonna try those methods.