While twitch streaming, my PC loses internet a hour in

quackycracky

Prominent
Oct 10, 2017
Hey everyone (not sure if this is the right sub forum to post this in) but I seem to have a problem that I can not figure out how to fix. Whenever I stream to twitch, my PC will just randomly lose internet (and it is only my PC).

I used a power line at the start and thought it was the power line adapter. But even streaming to Twitch with my PC wired into my router, i still lose internet connection about a hour into streaming.

It cannot be a ISP issue, because my PS4 and Laptop still have a connection when sharing the router's ports.

This is the error message I will get:
"Ethernet" doesn't have a valid IP configuration
The default gateway is not available

This will only happen when I am streaming to twitch (downloads from steam are fine and don't drop the connection). If i simply restart my PC, the connection will come back but if i try to stream again, it will go down within 1-3 hours. I only use a 4000 bit rate (4 upload) when I stream with a 30 down/8 upload speed.

This is the motherboard that I use: MSI Krait Gaming 3x LGA1151

Solution
It might be a driver problem so I would load the latest lan drivers for your motherboard.

I would then try to set a static ip address in the networks settings, if it is some kind of DHCP problem you will not lose your ip address and gateway.

Last you want to uninstall if possible that stupid "gaming" lan manager, it is intel attempt at a "me too" response to killers chipset crappy accelerator which also causes massive strange issues.
It might be a driver problem so I would load the latest lan drivers for your motherboard.

I would then try to set a static ip address in the networks settings, if it is some kind of DHCP problem you will not lose your ip address and gateway.

Last you want to uninstall if possible that stupid "gaming" lan manager, it is intel attempt at a "me too" response to killers chipset crappy accelerator which also causes massive strange issues.

Solution

quackycracky

Prominent
Oct 10, 2017

thanks for the response, I will try this.