[SOLVED] White bands at bottom of screen ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexoferith

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2013
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me. I have this monitor for a few years now. No problem until recently, the last couple of months, I think. The monitor is ROG PG278Q. When I switch on the PC every morning, It shows the ASUS logo, fine. But when Win10 Pro 64bit starts up, there are white bands (a group of white lines) at the bottom of the screen. It started just a few millimetres at the beginning. Now they have increased to about an inch.

There is one characteristic that the top line will flash across the screen in regular frequency and the band will appear to go down one line at a time. And eventually, all the white lines disappear and the screen will operate as normal and perfect. I thought there is something wrong with the monitor but then again, as I mentioned before when the system boots up; when it is showing the ASUS motherboard logo, there are no such lines, only when Win10 Pro starts up. And I have the latest NVidia GeForce driver installed. Is this a monitor issue or driver software issue? Many thanks in advance for any help.

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me. I have this monitor for a few years now. No problem until recently, the last couple of months, I think. The monitor is ROG PG278Q. When I switch on the PC every morning, It shows the ASUS logo, fine. But when Win10 Pro 64bit starts up, there are white bands (a group of white lines) at the bottom of the screen. It started just a few millimetres at the beginning. Now they have increased to about an inch.

There is one characteristic that the top line will flash across the screen in regular frequency and the band will appear to go down one line at a time. And eventually, all the white lines disappear and the screen will operate as normal and perfect. I thought there is something wrong with the monitor but then again, as I mentioned before when the system boots up; when it is showing the ASUS motherboard logo, there are no such lines, only when Win10 Pro starts up. And I have the latest NVidia GeForce driver installed. Is this a monitor issue or driver software issue? Many thanks in advance for any help.
Please post a picture of the Problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.