White screen before login?

RockySP

Prominent
Jul 10, 2017
Yesterday I used the disk cleanup tool in windows 10 to clear a few gigs of space from my hard drive. Now I’ve noticed that when booting into windows there is a white screen for a second or two just before the login. I’m just wondering on how to fix this?

Solution
Cleanup tool may have taken out some file and the problem began. Or, conversely, some file was taken out and a buggy version was reloaded or reinstalled.

"White screen" may be simply the OS looking around and trying to figure things out - stops sending any video signal (for whatever reason) until some issue is resolved.

I would download and reinstall the video card drivers. Then check the overall video card configuration.

Ralston18

Titan
Cleanup tool may have taken out some file and the problem began. Or, conversely, some file was taken out and a buggy version was reloaded or reinstalled.

"White screen" may be simply the OS looking around and trying to figure things out - stops sending any video signal (for whatever reason) until some issue is resolved.

I would download and reinstall the video card drivers. Then check the overall video card configuration.

Solution