White screen coloured vertical lines on boot

noniac

Prominent
Jul 26, 2017
I have a 5 year old pc which recently got his gpu broken, it was a gtx 560. The screen which is a generic non-pnp acer widescreen 16:9 64Hz showed vertical coloured lines on a white background before the gpu broke so I thought it was the screen which was going to break but to my surprise it was a little more expensive. So the last week i got an rx 580(god damn you miners) and guess what, the white screen is back.

More info on the problem: The white screen appears on screen boot(which coincide with system boot--- i mean system already booted(and loaded i think) and then screen boot) and it fixes itself with screen reboot, after it reboots it shows up the desktop. Never has it occurred WHILE the system loads up(windows logo and loging in...) and then the screen plays ok while gaming and everything. Also (now, i think) the screen is plain white and the vertical coloured lines start to appear progressively and they intensify their colour overtime

question is: Should i worry?, whats causing it?(windows, the screen, the old damaged gpu with which i ran the system 10-15 times AFTER it broke down, faulty rx 580(god please no)), Its there a way to fix it?

other specs: windows 10(quick startup deactivated) pro 64-bit, i7-2600k, asus p8h61 usbr2.0(rev 3.0) motherboard, 8 gb ram ddr3, sapphire nitro+ rx 580 4gb, 1tb seagate HHD

noniac

Prominent
Jul 26, 2017

I will try if it happens again, though my display only has DVI-D and VGA so i could only change the the DVI-D as VGA is useless, so it would be changing the cable for an identical one... i will inform if it happens again