Question White Screen of Death NVIDIA GEFORCE 1650 Super

May 12, 2023
I apologize in advance, I'm not a computer wiz at all, and I'm just a casual gamer. I have an Alienware Aurora R11. When I play certain games, i get a white screen crash. From my research all signs pointed to a possible GPU issue. I've rebooted, uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, etc etc to solve the issue and I don't know what else to do. My computer meets and exceeds the minimum and sometimes maximum requirements for playing the games I play, so I'm not sure what the issue is. Hoping there's a solution I haven't tried yet. The problems started a bit after warranty had run out with Dell, unfortunately. I took it to Geek Squad at BestBuy since i have a membership there but they were also nonplussed. They ruled out a problem with the PSU. Still Couldn't figure out what was going on. Any help would be much appreciated.

Here are my specs:

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10400 CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)
Storage: 500 gb SSD, 1TB HDD
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1650 SUPER
Running Windows 11 Home

Welcome to the forum!

Your issue seems like it is GPU-related. The first thing I recommend doing is using Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU). Then go to the card manufacturer's site for the latest driver for your card. Run the games again, at lowest settings, and check for stability.

If you're satisfied with the performance test, adjust the game settings to put more load on the GPU. Test again for stability. Keep doing this until either A: the problem manifests; or B: you've reached max settings.

If the problem persists, you could try stressing the GPU with furmark.

On paper, your GPU may easily handle the games, but if there are any problems with its performance, it will crumble under heavy load.

If the problem happens while testing with Furmark, consider an RMA (if part is still under warranty) or replacement.

Reactions: mothermayhem
May 12, 2023
Thanks so much! I ran one of the games in its lowest settings and I was able to play for quite a while. Although it's just not as fun, but it still gave me an idea of what could be wrong with the GPU. Furmark test ran very smoothly, no errors.