[SOLVED] White screen with mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sup3rPsycho

Honorable
Aug 23, 2013
i am trying to fix my friends imac. When i start it the imac it boots about half to a quarter way then goes to a grey screen with the mouse courser. any ideas? i am new to macs and have no clue how to fix this issue.

Solution
Before trying some of the more drastic methods described in the article McHenryB linked to, try to boot into Recovery Mode (CMD+R before the Apple bong on startup). If you can boot into Recovery Mode, use Disk Utility to Verify Disk and if available Repair Disk. If Disk Utility comes up with nothing or an unfixable result, try to rescue files with Terminal to an external drive (if needed), then do a wipe and install.

STFLightning

Reputable
Feb 1, 2015
Before trying some of the more drastic methods described in the article McHenryB linked to, try to boot into Recovery Mode (CMD+R before the Apple bong on startup). If you can boot into Recovery Mode, use Disk Utility to Verify Disk and if available Repair Disk. If Disk Utility comes up with nothing or an unfixable result, try to rescue files with Terminal to an external drive (if needed), then do a wipe and install.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.