Question White vga light and no display. How do I fix this?

Aug 24, 2022
I just built another computer for my sister it ran fine for weeks and one day it kept saying no signal and the white vga light turned on. I tried reseating the gpu, booting it without the gpu, booting it with one stick of ram and no gpu and nothing has worked

System:
Ryzen 5 5600g
Asus rog strix b550-I gaming
Msi GeForce rtx 3070
Corsair vengeance 16x2 3600 ddr4
corsair rm750 gold

Last edited:

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
booting it without the gpu

When booting without GPU in the system, you did connect the monitor to MoBo, right?

If so, at this point, one of the three, two or all three are dead: CPU, MoBo, RAM.

Without 2nd, compatible system, where to test all three components individually, it's impossible to tell what died. Might want to visit PC repair shop for diagnostics. But based on reliability, MoBo is usually the issue. Next in line would be RAM and CPUs are most reliable component inside the PC. Now, that doesn't mean CPUs are invulnerable.

Oh, it could be the PSU issue as well. Speaking of it, what PSU you have? Since you haven't disclosed that to us.

Aug 24, 2022
When booting without GPU in the system, you did connect the monitor to MoBo, right?

If so, at this point, one of the three, two or all three are dead: CPU, MoBo, RAM.

Without 2nd, compatible system, where to test all three components individually, it's impossible to tell what died. Might want to visit PC repair shop for diagnostics. But based on reliability, MoBo is usually the issue. Next in line would be RAM and CPUs are most reliable component inside the PC. Now, that doesn't mean CPUs are invulnerable.

Oh, it could be the PSU issue as well. Speaking of it, what PSU you have? Since you haven't disclosed that to us.

the psu is a corsair rm750 gold
I connected the monitor to the MoBo, i can try to test the ram in my system if that doesnt work ill take it to micro center to see if they can test the cpu and MoBo

thanks for the help

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
all the parts were bought new

Okay, but when was the PSU bought?

also the lights and fans in the pc are turning on including the gpu fans if thats any sign of whats going on

Getting some life to your PC doesn't necessarily show what is going on. On the contrary, it instead shows that there is more hope. Wherby, at least some of the power is getting through the MoBo. And it takes some suspicion off from PSU.
Now, if you'd have 0 life in your PC, e.g where you press the power button but nothing happens, like you never pressed the power button, then it would be complete guesswork of what went wrong.

In the end, individual component testing will tell which of the components doesn't work right.

Aug 24, 2022
It's quite new and i don't think the PSU would be issue, leaving 3 culprits: CPU, MoBo and/or RAM.

Oh, just for my own info, does your RM750 have 5 years of warranty or 10 years of warranty? (It should be written on the box/manual.)
Not sure if it did I cannot find the box but I tried clearing the cmos header and rebooting the pc and I updated the bios and now the pc seems to be working fine

Reactions: Aeacus