Question White VGA light on motherboard when installing new GPU ?

Jun 17, 2024
so i have had a issue with my PC #1 and think its my GPU, this PC was made back in 2019 and has done a great job and still works until I believe I damaged the GPU while cleaning. so I decided to grab the GPU from my PC#2, made 1 week ago with all new parts. i opened a ticket on this forum about how to swap the GPU and was told to download DDU and I went through a tutorial to uninstall my PC#1 GPU drivers. it uninstalled all and then shut down like normal,

I then turned the PC off and swapped out the GPUs, I was met with a white VGA warning on my motherboard, the PC turned on but there was no display. I tried unplugging, and replugging, cleaning the PCI port and everything and still the same issue. However, once I put back my old GPU in it, it works fine.
So I was wondering why my PC is rejecting my new GPU?

PC#1
Ryzen 5 3600 AM4
gigabyte 2070 8gb oc
Asus ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING
3 fan AIO from TT
500GB SSD
4TB HDD
16GB ram 3200mhz g.skill

PC#2
AMD Ryzen 5 7600 AM5 3.8 GHz
Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4060 AERO OC 8GB
NZXT C Series 750W 80+ Gold
stock CPU cooler
16gb DDR5 Ram
2tb hhd

is there a possibility that my new GPU is formatted to AM5 and won't work on AM4? or is there another possible compatibility issue?

Jun 17, 2024
When you uninstalled your gpu drivers with DDU did you reinstall the gpu drivers or let Windows do it?
i uninstalled the drivers with the "uninstall and shut down" then I unplugged GPU, so I didn't download anything, am I meant to do something and then swap GPU?

the new GPU didn't even post

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS