[SOLVED] Who is the OEM for the current Corsair CX550 models?

jayjr1105

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011
This is sheer curiosity as I've already bought a CX550 from newegg this week with the $20 rebate to sweeten the deal and maybe @jonnyguru can swoop in and answer this quickly but I'm wondering the OEM on the CX550's currently shipping. I see it's been either Great Wall or CWT in the past couple years. Wondering if they settled on one or the other OEM. Either way it's going to fit the bill for a buddy on a tight budget with a 5600G and RTX 3060.

Solution
Haha... Yeah. I guess I had it backwards.

Honestly, I have no way of knowing who makes the CX that's at Newegg. It's not like "CWT old, GW new". Both companies make CX at the same time.

It really doesn't matter if it's GW or CWT. They're both good.
This is sheer curiosity as I've already bought a CX550 from newegg this week with the $20 rebate to sweeten the deal and maybe @jonnyguru can swoop in and answer this quickly but I'm wondering the OEM on the CX550's currently shipping. I see it's been either Great Wall or CWT in the past couple years. Wondering if they settled on one or the other OEM. Either way it's going to fit the bill for a buddy on a tight budget with a 5600G and RTX 3060.

All CX's are Great Wall.

It's only the CX-M that is either Great Wall or CWT.

jayjr1105

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011
All CX's are Great Wall.

It's only the CX-M that is either Great Wall or CWT.
Umm... http://jongerow.com/CX/index.html
I would have just bought a CP-9020121-NA from newegg
X7TB0TV.png

Haha... Yeah. I guess I had it backwards.

Honestly, I have no way of knowing who makes the CX that's at Newegg. It's not like "CWT old, GW new". Both companies make CX at the same time.

It really doesn't matter if it's GW or CWT. They're both good.

Solution