Question Who makes a wifi extender that can be connected to pre-wired CAT 6 outlets in our house

Dec 1, 2020
The office in our house has a 6-gang data port that is hard wired to data outlets in other rooms in the house. Based on the assumption that a hard-wired extender would provide better speed and reception we'd like to hard-wire our router to wifi extenders in rooms that have the data ports. Does Netgear, Linksys, or someone else make a hard-wired extender? Not talking about extenders that you can plug CAT6 into; instead, we want to feed the extenders with a hard wire from the office (will use a switchbox between cable router and 6-gang data port in office). This concept would make each extender hard-wired to the router to avoid a wifi signal from router to extenders.

kanewolf

Titan
The office in our house has a 6-gang data port that is hard wired to data outlets in other rooms in the house. Based on the assumption that a hard-wired extender would provide better speed and reception we'd like to hard-wire our router to wifi extenders in rooms that have the data ports. Does Netgear, Linksys, or someone else make a hard-wired extender? Not talking about extenders that you can plug CAT6 into; instead, we want to feed the extenders with a hard wire from the office (will use a switchbox between cable router and 6-gang data port in office). This concept would make each extender hard-wired to the router to avoid a wifi signal from router to extenders.
It isn't an "extender" if it is connected with an ethernet cable. It is an acces point. You can use an existing unused router if you have an extra one.

Twistfaria

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2016
This would fit better in the networking section of the forums! But I agree with kanewolf that it isn’t an extender if it’s hardwired. Not sure if you are having problems with a single WiFi source but if you are you could use a second hardwired wifi router in another part of the house. Though I find if you name networks the same it isn’t always a seamless transition from one router to the next as you move about the house.

kanewolf

Titan
This would fit better in the networking section of the forums! But I agree with kanewolf that it isn’t an extender if it’s hardwired. Not sure if you are having problems with a single WiFi source but if you are you could use a second hardwired wifi router in another part of the house. Though I find if you name networks the same it isn’t always a seamless transition from one router to the next as you move about the house.
Moved to Wireless Networking. I didn't see the category when I answered ....