[SOLVED] Whocrashed analyze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 31, 2019
My PC crashed and i had a dumpfile and used whocrashed to analyze it and it says this:
On Sun 10/13/2019 3:48:58 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\101319-5781-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: Unknown (0xFFFFF80528568AB2)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x0, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF80528568AB2)
Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error.
Google query: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

On Sun 10/13/2019 3:48:58 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: unknown_module_0000000000000000.sys (Unloaded_Unknown_Module_0000000000000000+0xA)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x0, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF80528568AB2)
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error.
Google query: unknown_module_0000000000000000.sys DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Conclusion -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers: unknown_module_0000000000000000.sys

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination with the errors that have been reported for these drivers. Include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions on the web by users who have been experiencing similar problems.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

Those crashes are frequently hardware related. Do make sure you're current and compatible with drivers, as they indeed are close to the hardware, but also examine any overclocking you may be doing, memory especially or GPU.

Also, check your Device Manager and be sure to show Hidden devices. Un-install any devices you don't currently have attached to your computer. Many times old graphics cards or other devices can remain behind. It may not really matter but it's always good to keep things clean as you can so nothing gets confused.

Also get acquainted with the Event Logs... put a shorcut link on the desktop to the Event Viewer in fact. Check it frequently and run down Event ID's in Google. Windows now logs lots of things as Errors and Warnings that aren't really a problem so there's a constant chatter going on. It's a good idea to be familiar with what's 'normal' for your system to be able to focus on what's new, possibly relevant to your problem and would offer clues to where it lies.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Those crashes are frequently hardware related.
Apologies, I don't agree with this. It is usually always software/firmware - Whilst it can be hardware, if it is - it's usually related to RAM or Storage being as it's RAM access.

Effectively a driver came in with an IRQL that was too high (usually just above passive) and therefore created a violation - and is pretty much always third party module related.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ketchup79
Apologies, I don't agree with this. It is usually always software/firmware - Whilst it can be hardware, if it is - it's usually related to RAM or Storage being as it's RAM access.

Effectively a driver came in with an IRQL that was too high (usually just above passive) and therefore created a violation - and is pretty much always third party module related.
When the software in question is a hardware driver it IS hardware RELATED.
That said...I've NEVER had an DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error that was not due to faulty hardware or other hardware issue...mainly overclocking memory to far, also when I upgraded a GPU without un-installing drivers and clean installing for the new card. This has been the case not only with my current and former Ryzen/AM4 systems but going all the way back to my AM3/FX system and IIRC even my Pentium 4 before that.

Maybe that's just the way it worked with me and your experience has been different.

EDIT add: oh, and when I tried bus-clock overclocking on an old-old T-Bird system. That was a travesty.

Last edited:

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
When the software in question is a hardware driver it IS hardware RELATED.
That said...I've NEVER had an DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error that was not due to faulty hardware or other hardware issue...mainly overclocking memory to far, also when I upgraded a GPU without un-installing drivers and clean installing for the new card. This has been the case not only with my current and former Ryzen/AM4 systems but going all the way back to my AM3/FX system and IIRC even my Pentium 4 before that.

Maybe that's just the way it worked with me and your experience has been different.

EDIT add: oh, and when I tried bus-clock overclocking on an old-old T-Bird system. That was a travesty.
Ah I apologise, I understand your wording now.

I'll be honest, I've only ever encountered a select few that were faulty hardware related, and even then, it was always RAM.
I never have had that BSOD myself, but I've assisted many in debugging them, and often was patched by updating drivers or BIOS.

Ah I apologise, I understand your wording now.

I'll be honest, I've only ever encountered a select few that were faulty hardware related, and even then, it was always RAM.
I never have had that BSOD myself, but I've assisted many in debugging them, and often was patched by updating drivers or BIOS.

I am reminded of the old PM (or project lead, lead designer, whatever you call them) conundrum: I got a hardware problem, it takes 3 months of redesign and probably scrapping 1,000 long-lead widgets already in stock to put it in service...or I change something in the software and we're back in qual. testing in 1 week. What do I do? That's right, I make it a software problem.

It's all perspective.

Thing is, to a PC owner (like me), lacking the expertise to reverse-engineer device drivers and 'make it work', they tend to become hardware problems because I can change something there to make the software happy.

Aug 31, 2019
Guys I updated all drivers and i don't have bsod anymore. But i have a problem with my new psu. In event viewer i get Event 41 kernel-power. I read about it and tried everything software related and it seems it hardware. My psu is faulty. I bought it few days ago and they probably sent me a faulty one. My psu is LC600H-12 2.31v. I don't know if you heard about this company but they make good power supplies for budget build. Maybe it's was to budget for my setup. I'm going to tried to reconnect all my cables test it and if it still happens i'm going to return my psu and get the new one. Wish me luck. And thank you for trying to help me. :D
I'm good with computers but clearly not that good...

Guys I updated all drivers and i don't have bsod anymore. But i have a problem with my new psu. In event viewer i get Event 41 kernel-power. I read about it and tried everything software related and it seems it hardware. My psu is faulty. I bought it few days ago and they probably sent me a faulty one. My psu is LC600H-12 2.31v. I don't know if you heard about this company but they make good power supplies for budget build. Maybe it's was to budget for my setup. I'm going to tried to reconnect all my cables test it and if it still happens i'm going to return my psu and get the new one. Wish me luck. And thank you for trying to help me. :D
I'm good with computers but clearly not that good...
Yeah, get a real PSU.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I'm going to change it for the Thermaltake Smart RGD 500W 80 Plus is it enough or should i consider something elso for the price?
Just to clarify Kernel 41 power does NOT mean your power supply is faulty. It simply means the PC shutdown unexpectedly, which would happen in any random restarts, or BSOD for example - you would get the same error by simply pressin the reset switch on your case.

Having said that, the PSU I believe it poor quality anyway, and most Thermaltake Smart series are even worse. The RGB Pros aren't as bad, but there are still certainly better.

Aug 31, 2019
Just to clarify Kernel 41 power does NOT mean your power supply is faulty. It simply means the PC shutdown unexpectedly, which would happen in any random restarts, or BSOD for example - you would get the same error by simply pressin the reset switch on your case.

Having said that, the PSU I believe it poor quality anyway, and most Thermaltake Smart series are even worse. The RGB Pros aren't as bad, but there are still certainly better.
But my pc is rebooting randomly and i get that event 41, i was getting bsod before i installed all the drivers and i checked everything i can think of hardware and software and it's probably the psu. I'm going to sent it tommorow they will check it and give me the new one if it's faulty. If it's not what could be the problem.
Specs:
Ryzen 3 1200
Asus A320m-k
Geil 2666mhz 8gb
LC600H-12 2.31v
SSD Silicon Power 128gb
HDD WD 500gb

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
But my pc is rebooting randomly
Now THAT is a different matter. But the Kernel 41 does not mean PSU problem, it simply means "Your PC is shutting down when I didn't expect it to".

Having said that, as my post stated, your PSU is poor quality, and the last thing you should ever go cheap on is the PSU. Even if it isn't the problem, I would be tempted to upgrade the PSU to a good quality unit (good quality does NOT mean higher wattage!). Otherwise you pose a risk the rest of your system.

It's just worth noting that the 41 error does not mean your PSU is faulty. But it certainly COULD be the PSU that is causing the shutdowns.

Aug 31, 2019
Now THAT is a different matter. But the Kernel 41 does not mean PSU problem, it simply means "Your PC is shutting down when I didn't expect it to".

Having said that, as my post stated, your PSU is poor quality, and the last thing you should ever go cheap on is the PSU. Even if it isn't the problem, I would be tempted to upgrade the PSU to a good quality unit (good quality does NOT mean higher wattage!). Otherwise you pose a risk the rest of your system.

It's just worth noting that the 41 error does not mean your PSU is faulty. But it certainly COULD be the PSU that is causing the shutdowns.
I'm going to return this psu and get the Thermaltake one. I researched and everyone says it's okay and it's in my budget. Thermaltake Smart RGB 500W it's 80plus and has all the protections. What do you think could it be the psu or something else and should i get that one.
PS. That's the only goo d one that a can afford. I can maybe get the 500W Cooler Master Watt Lite Series. Thermaltake is 60$ and Cooler Master is 70$. This psu i have right now is 40$ so i need to add 20-30$ for those power supplies.
PS. In my country 10$ is a big difference.

Aug 31, 2019
I'm going to return this psu and get the Thermaltake one. I researched and everyone says it's okay and it's in my budget. Thermaltake Smart RGB 500W it's 80plus and has all the protections. What do you think could it be the psu or something else and should i get that one.
PS. That's the only goo d one that a can afford. I can maybe get the 500W Cooler Master Watt Lite Series. Thermaltake is 60$ and Cooler Master is 70$. This psu i have right now is 40$ so i need to add 20-30$ for those power supplies.
PS. In my country 10$ is a big difference.
Or this one https://www.fsplifestyle.com/en/product/HAMMER500W.html
500W Version.

Status
Not open for further replies.