Question whole PC freezes

frasbo

Reputable
Dec 16, 2020
Recently my PC has been completely freezing - (can't move mouse, can't hear anything etc) at seemingly random occurrences. Also, the fans start to ramp up to max RPM and my RGB will switch off when this happens. Only thing that seems to fix it is completely restarting the system. My system is about 5 years old but the specs are still fine. Any ideas on what could be causing this? Thanks

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age (5 years?), condition: original to build, new, used, refurbished?

Disk drives: make, model, capacity, how full?

= = = =

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, jumpers, and case connections are fully and firmly in place.

Use a bright flashlight to inspect for signs of damage.

DaleH

Notable
Mar 24, 2023
Recently my PC has been completely freezing - (can't move mouse, can't hear anything etc) at seemingly random occurrences. Also, the fans start to ramp up to max RPM and my RGB will switch off when this happens. Only thing that seems to fix it is completely restarting the system. My system is about 5 years old but the specs are still fine. Any ideas on what could be causing this? Thanks
The fans may be ramping up in response to a temperature problem.