[SOLVED] why am i getting bottleneck

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jun 14, 2021
i recently upgraded my gpu and change the motherboard, i changed from gtx 750 to 960
and after i tried playing games i notice that my cpu usage sky rocketting like it stays on 100% while my gpu barely hits 60, neither i set the graphic to high or low, or recommended setting, the fps stays the same, only the gpu usage goes high a bit since it make sense but, should i be getting more fps when i lower the graphic down?
ive done clean delete the previous gpu driver and install a new one, i tried every youtube video but nothing works
this is my spec
i5 3470
gtx 960 2gb 12 pin
aigo bronze plus 550watts
9gb ram ( 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 )

could it be my ram? im thinking of replacing the 1 gb to 4 gb to make it balance but could it fix my problem or i need a clean factory reset of my computer

Solution
There's just a lot going on here.

- First, the lack of a full Windows reinstall. It's a bit like buying a new couch and moving over the crumbs under the cushions from the old couch.

- The FrankenRAM situation. That "other people" have done fine with mixed RAM situations doesn't mean that everyone will. And that would be true even if it was your exact assortment of random RAM sticks. Not even sticks of the same model are guaranteed to work together if they're not sold together in the same package.

- The janky overclock attempt. This is one of those things you do properly or you don't do at all. And exactly what did you edit in regedit, from what value to what value? Many so-called "registry overclocking" tricks...
Jun 14, 2021
its FIXED
thank you all so much for the help
i found a software to overclock my cpu called throttlestop, ive stress test it in couple of games and the temp is fine also gave my cpu a boost to 3.6ghz, now my cpu usage is 80% with 100% of gpu load

Jacob 51

Notable
Dec 31, 2020
do you know how i can overclock it?
There are risks of doing it. Do this only if you can take the risk.
If anything goes wrong, reset the BIOS by removing the CMOS battery (Located on the motherboard) for 10 minutes and pushing the power button.
Search it up on YouTube. You can find a suitable video there.

First monitor you temperature during gameplay. If the temperature doesn't go above 75, then you can overclock it without heat issues. Also, do not overclock it too high

its FIXED
thank you all so much for the help
i found a software to overclock my cpu called throttlestop, ive stress test it in couple of games and the temp is fine also gave my cpu a boost to 3.6ghz, now my cpu usage is 80% with 100% of gpu load
I am glad it is performing better but I don’t think you have fixed the root cause. You should not need ThrottleStop to make the cpu run correctly. There must be another underlying cause that ThrottleStop is now covering up.

Jun 14, 2021
I am glad it is performing better but I don’t think you have fixed the root cause. You should not need ThrottleStop to make the cpu run correctly. There must be another underlying cause that ThrottleStop is now covering up.
i think my cpu just need a little push, because when i turned the throttlestop on, my cpu has been performing with full speed, even i turn the throttle stop off, now im not using it anymore but the cpu is working just fine