Why am I getting massive fps drops on every game I play starting today?

Oct 10, 2018
So I logged on to fortnite this morning and was only getting 50-60 fps, I usually get around 200. I wanted to check if it was my computer and logged onto csgo and I was only getting 40 fps compared to my usual 350 fps. I have no idea what is wrong and have never really felt like my computer was performing to its potential even before this happened today. Could really use the help finding out what is wrong. Also I updated my drivers this morning and the problem was still occurring, here is my build
-Intel - Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor
-Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
-MSI - Z270-A PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
-G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory
-Seagate - Pipeline HD 2TB 3.5" 5900RPM Internal Hard Drive
-MSI - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card
-Corsair - 750D Airflow Edition ATX Full Tower Case
-EVGA - SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
-Samsung - 250GB External SSD
link: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/DXtrcY

Thank you

Solution
This sudden drop in fps in every game is because of the Windows 10 october update, Nvidia is supposed to release a repairing update in the next days apparently. Dont download msi afterburner or anything as it wont work, just wait for an update.

Jwpanz

Honorable
Go to http://www.userbenchmark.com/ download the tool and let the benchmark run. Look at the results to find which part is lagging behind.

My best guess is that it's a driver issue. You could try to roll back drivers to fix the issue.

My second best guess is thermals. Download HWMonitor and conduct a stress test using both AIDA64 and Furmark (Google them, download them). See if anything throttles from getting too hot.

Oct 10, 2018

http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11371859 here are my results for userbenchmark, don't think I see anything wrong. I ran the stress test but tbh I have no idea what I am supposed to be looking for.

Jwpanz

Honorable
You’re looking for crashes, thermal throttleing, etc. The tools you used should be able to show you graphs and temperatures.

For the benchmark, it looks like your drives caused an issue with the reads. Perhaps try and update the drivers for your SATA connections. Just go into device manager and right click on the SATA controllers to update them.

Oct 10, 2018

I checked and my SATA Connections were up to date. I use driver booster for updating my drivers and it looks like everything is up to date. I don't understand what is wrong with my computer. I really appreciate the help. When I ran the tests everything looked pretty ordinary but maybe I just lack the knowledge to understand what is wrong. I feel like with my pc build every game should be running smoothly especially when I only run on low settings.

Oct 10, 2018

I use driver booster to check for driver updates, but I just decided to manually check every single device and the only one I had to update was my keyboard which I doubt will fix my lag.

Oct 10, 2018

HhcbjCG

Here is where the temp seemed to reach the max and the clocks stayed at. Also my gpu has a setting where the fans don't turn on until it reaches a certain temperature, could that be a problem? Would it be bad if I turned them to always be on at 100%?
here is the imgur link if it doesn't load https://imgur.com/a/HhcbjCG

Oct 13, 2018
This sudden drop in fps in every game is because of the Windows 10 october update, Nvidia is supposed to release a repairing update in the next days apparently. Dont download msi afterburner or anything as it wont work, just wait for an update.

Solution
Oct 10, 2018

I think part of this might be true but actually I disabled windows defender as it was taking up 10-20% of my CPU and got a different antivirus instead, also disabled Cortana, and disabled shadowplay and now I am getting really good fps and smooth gameplay again.