Why am I getting the SAME FPS on every game???

Sigtinius

Prominent
Jul 16, 2017
I have a Ryzen 1700 OC @ 3.7Ghz, EVGA 1080TI SC (not OC'd), and 16GB of RAM.
I get about 200 FPS in CSGO, 200 FPS in COD, 200FPS in Battlefield, and 200FPS in older games. I'm running on a 144hz monitor with G-Sync and can't figure this one out... Why is the FPS identical in games that require such different amounts of GPU input?
I've also just done a fresh install of windows 10.

Solution
You system most likely can potentially perform better in most of those games, but is restricted by a framerate cap somewhere (likely in your GPU driver). Do not stress about it. You won't perceive anything smoother from 200FPS to 250 FPS as your refresh rate is only 144hz. In fact, it is better to leave a cap there as it recuces some screen tearing which would normally happen with framerate a above 200FPS.

I suggest leaving it alone. Fixing this 'issue' won't gain you any advantages in game.

Sigtinius

Prominent
Jul 16, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Sigtinius : "Why am I getting the SAME FPS on every game???"

I have a Ryzen 1700 OC @ 3.7Ghz, EVGA 1080TI SC (not OC'd), and 16GB of RAM.
I get about 200 FPS in CSGO, 200 FPS in COD, 200FPS in Battlefield, and 200FPS in older games. I'm running on a 144hz monitor with G-Sync and can't figure this one out... Why is the FPS identical in games that require such different amounts of GPU input?
I've also just done a fresh install of windows 10.

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION

MERGED QUESTION

rgd1101

Don't
PM from Sigtinius
I posted the question on multiple boards (RAM, OC, etc). Because it will be seen by more people, be answered faster, and pertains to more than one forum type. I don't spam it to every forum, but the ones I do post it to, I'd like left alone...

read the forum rule
please don't spam. that was a warning. 1 more and you will get banned

SoggyTissue

Estimable
Jun 27, 2017
SC means super clocked right? i would imagine that your cpu is bottlenecking the 1080. the game can only progress as fast as your cpu is allowing, and its only allowing it to progress enough for the 1080 to render 200fps.

probably other issues also.

Rexper

Respectable
BANNED
Apr 12, 2017
You system most likely can potentially perform better in most of those games, but is restricted by a framerate cap somewhere (likely in your GPU driver). Do not stress about it. You won't perceive anything smoother from 200FPS to 250 FPS as your refresh rate is only 144hz. In fact, it is better to leave a cap there as it recuces some screen tearing which would normally happen with framerate a above 200FPS.

I suggest leaving it alone. Fixing this 'issue' won't gain you any advantages in game.

Solution

Rexper

Respectable
BANNED
Apr 12, 2017

I doubt it would be the CPU limiting as the CPUs performance vary in game and between game. It is 99% chance it won't limit at exact 200FPS thoughout all of those games the whole time.