[SOLVED] Why am I struggling to get good framerates on certain games on mid settings with my setup?

ultramcreeper

Prominent
Jan 7, 2019
Hello, this is my setup https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/27810162, im running a rtx 2060 on a i5 7600 but im struggling to hit 60 fps on mid settings at 1080p on doom eternal, but according to this video i should be hitting 60 fps on 1080p at highest settings no problem. What is causing the reduced performance? I've got doom eternal installed on the ssd.

I've also uploaded my dxdiag just in case: https://pastebin.com/ztjHz8kS

Last edited:
Solution
Speed is more than just a sum of the parts, it's how they are setup too. I can run just as fast holding a set of shackles as I can without them. Put them on my ankles and it's a whole different story.

Enable XMP, your ram is running at 2133, not the 2666 it's rated for. Your game is on a hdd, make sure it's defrag'd/optimised and there's no junk in temporary files/malware (ccleaner/malwarebytes) holding up the cpu.

Detail levels affect the gpu, not the cpu. So if dropping details gets you more fps, that's a gpu issue and I'd be looking at drivers/settings. Make sure windows Xbox dvr/game bar helper is disabled, things like 4k DSR is disabled, enable DLSS but turn off hair works or Ray tracing etc.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Speed is more than just a sum of the parts, it's how they are setup too. I can run just as fast holding a set of shackles as I can without them. Put them on my ankles and it's a whole different story.

Enable XMP, your ram is running at 2133, not the 2666 it's rated for. Your game is on a hdd, make sure it's defrag'd/optimised and there's no junk in temporary files/malware (ccleaner/malwarebytes) holding up the cpu.

Detail levels affect the gpu, not the cpu. So if dropping details gets you more fps, that's a gpu issue and I'd be looking at drivers/settings. Make sure windows Xbox dvr/game bar helper is disabled, things like 4k DSR is disabled, enable DLSS but turn off hair works or Ray tracing etc.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS