Why are all games suddenly running extremely slow?

FstReden

Prominent
Jun 25, 2017
Before I would be able to run Dying Light well over 60 FPS with ease.... one day I was messing around with my friends on a clicker game (I know I know sshhh it's terrible I get it) but I decided it would be a good idea to autoclick overnight so that I can pass them all... heh heh heh. When I woke up, my computer was pretty laggy, so I restarted it. Since then, every game that I play runs about 10x slower than it used to. However, the internet and other programs/processes run just fine. The problems only come in when I run a game. I have no clue what is going on and it is honestly pretty overwhelming as I have tried quite a few things already with no luck.... here is a list of my pc specs.

Specs:
CPU - Intel i7 6700k
GPU - GeForce GTX 1070
RAM - 8 GB (No clue about the rest)
Hard Drive(s) -
1 TB Hard Disk
128 GB SSD
(My Windows is installed on the SSD and other programs are installed on my Hard Disk)
Power Supply - 600W

Solution
I do believe windows makes their own restore point after you install something...
Then I would suggest you do a clean install of Windows.. Cuz I am all out of other ideas now....

Lakken

Notable
May 4, 2017
Run antivirus and any malware removal program you got.
I had an malware on my pc some months ago. It started only after I ran a game. Found it and removed it and everything was back to normal

FstReden

Prominent
Jun 25, 2017

While trying to find a solution I did reset my pc twice... with no luck. I did just now run malwarebytes and got 0 threat files. I've ran ccleaner a dozen times, along with creating a new windows account on my pc, still getting the issue. I did look around inside of my computer and nothing seems to have changed. Also, I did look on task manager at my RAM and CPU usage when in a game... they all seem to be normal...

FstReden

Prominent
Jun 25, 2017
I've never created restore points... I never thought that I would need to. Plus like I said, I have already reset my pc... with no luck. So either way I don't think that restoring to a previous date would quite work... :/

FstReden

Prominent
Jun 25, 2017
I have one more idea that might work.... I'll just reinstall all of my drivers and see if that does anything.... maybe spam clicking 1000 cps for a couple of hours messed some up xD oh man I'm an idiot... oh well.

Lakken

Notable
May 4, 2017
I do believe windows makes their own restore point after you install something...
Then I would suggest you do a clean install of Windows.. Cuz I am all out of other ideas now....

Solution