[SOLVED] Why are certain resolutions locked at 25-30fps??

chasemm18

Prominent
Dec 31, 2017
Hello! I recently purchased a 70 inch LG 4k tv and so far i love it! BUT one thing that is bothering me is that I can play games at 1080p at 60fps or I can select 4k at 60fps (although with max settings even my GTX1080 sometimes drops to the 40s) however anything in between those 2 resolutions all games only give me the option for 25-30fps...namely Battlefront 2 and AC: odyssey, since I am having trouble getting consistent 60fps at 4k Id love to drop the resolution down a bit but I can't handle being locked at 30fps. Any suggestions or info as to why the games remove the option for 60fps at certain resolutions would be greatly appreciated! :)

just some extra info

windows 10
4790k i7 processor
16gb ram
GTX 1080 Msi

Solution
It could be Vsync. If Vsync is on and your GPU is unable to push 60fps the GPU will only draw very second frame and sync that with your TV = 30fps (hz). Maybe check your graphic settings and switch off Vsync.

Jester Maroc

Distinguished
It could be Vsync. If Vsync is on and your GPU is unable to push 60fps the GPU will only draw very second frame and sync that with your TV = 30fps (hz). Maybe check your graphic settings and switch off Vsync.

Solution