Question Why are my games crashing? HELP please.

Apr 16, 2019
Games crashing consistently and I’m having a hard time troubleshooting the issue. All drivers are up to date. Temps are averaging around 50C under load during bench marks like 3D mark and during games like total war three kingdoms and even splitgate have been crashing on me. 3D mark time spy score of 13,793 and Prime 95 is stable. Is there anyway that an M.2 can overheat and crash games?

Specs :
(I9 7920x) overclocked to 4.2 MHz.
(2080 ti) overcloked to 1.9 MHz.
ROG rampage VI extreme.
32 gb Corsair vengeance 3200.
Corsair 1200i psu.
Samsung 970 pro m.2 1tb.
Ek waterblocks and thermaltake custom loop.

Apr 16, 2019
Well Prime95 is geared towards CPU stress testing - so this would initially indicate the instability could be more related to your GPU.

Either way, remove your OCs first and then see if the crashes still occur my friend.
The 2080 ti has a baseclock of 1.8-1.9 MHz. I’m only overclocking 100 MHz and I’m on water, I should be able to push it further without crashes.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Have you tested it with the overclock of all components removed though?

Doesn't really matter how much you've overclocked it, and it doesn't solely rely on temperatures - asides water isn't necessarily more effective than air. We just need to verify if the OC is causing any instability first my friend.

That and a lot of the symptoms you are currently describing are potentially suggesting a GPU instability / problem.